Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst?
(06-05-2016, 01:34 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 12:09 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 05:19 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 12:59 PM)Galen Wrote: Stupid is really your department.  Yes, it would be so horrific to have a government that left people alone for a change.  Then again you would rather have crooks like Clinton running things.

Let the wealthy and powerful alone so they can run roughshod over the people and the environment for their own gain. That's what you and your libertarian economics does.

I don't see the left doing much about the crony capitalism.  Indeed they seem to be in as in bed with the banks as the Republicans.  Curious that Clinton won't release the speeches that she was paid hundreds of thousands for by Goldman-Sachs.  Bernie is just another economic illiterate.  So not much help there.

(06-03-2016, 05:19 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: I would rather have the people running things.

I would rather people ran their own lives and benefited of suffered the consequences of their own decisions.

Unfortunately people are not isolated individuals, and no (wo)man is an island. We suffer the consequences of others' decisions too, especially their voting decisions, as well as their market decisions.

Which is why people decide who they will associate on their own. The only reason that voting decisions are so problematic is because we have a government with too much power.

(06-05-2016, 01:34 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: What the Left is doing is seeking to take money out of politics.

This is a futile exercise since the government steals money from everyone else so the money is in politics. That kind of power attracts sociopaths who are attracted to the money and power. Given human creativity I am sure they will figure something out no matter what law gets passed. Try to remember that no one can be trusted with the ring.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
Ornery, take 2 - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst? - by Galen - 06-05-2016, 02:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Devaluation TeacherinExile 59 47,996 03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58