Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Austrian school of economics have solutions?
(06-03-2016, 01:22 AM)taramarie Wrote: Being not business minded that link goes right over my head. I just imagine a country as if it is a business. The more you spend if you want to make a profit has to depend on several things like demand, what buyers are willing to pay, quality (and ultimately reputation). So what you will get back from what you spend which hopefully will be more than what you paid. So I can understand these matters i shrink it down to personalize it. A company that is paying for folks who do nothing is not making a profit from that. But the layabouts are. Those who can work, should. But my point is if a govt spends more it should calculate that kind of move to see if they will profit from it. If not, don't. As we know, the govt spends tax dollars on bs. I also thought tax was supposed to go on things that benefit the people like, healthcare and public services. Well, it does in my country anyway.

A government is not a business.  Name a private sector business that can compel you to buy their product or service?  I should be very surprise if you find one.  Simply spending will not create wealth because the state has no way to determine what is truly valuable.  This is the the most important lesson that you can learn from the writings of Mises and Rothbard.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: Researchers Finally Confirm There Is Life After Death - by Galen - 06-03-2016, 01:36 AM