Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 dead in Orlando gay nightclub shooting
(06-12-2016, 12:07 PM)Odin Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 11:50 AM)Dan Wrote: So this shooting involves guns, gays, and Islam.  The reactions are going to be terrible.

I've decided to just stay away from Democratic Underground for the next few days because it's all "Guns are Evil" over there.

As well it should be. And I remind you of what I predicted years ago. If you guys want to see more and more of this stuff, then keep ignoring your responsibility to support gun control and an assault weapons ban. The gun used in this worst mass shooting was the same as the one in Newtown, the AR-15. I remember here that people knocked me then by saying I don't know about different kinds of assault weapons. How pernicious can you get! These are all military weapons. They don't belong in anyone's hands except soldiers in Afghanistan. And not even there if we claim to be getting outta there.

There is no excuse for ignoring the fact that the USA is the only country where this happens on such a vast scale. And we keep allowing it. We do not regulate guns, and we allow the insane, evil beasts of the NRA to have their way, and Republicans in office to enable and support these evil beasts.

Another thing that occurs to me is that this is clearly a main issue of our 4T. This mass shooting wave began in 1966 in Texas; it has accelerated ever since, and now it has reached crisis level. And the struggle to get guns under control will certainly set off the gun nuts to shoot back against any controls. This is going to be a nub of possible civil war in America. What will it take to get assault weapons out of peoples' hands for good? How long will people continue to pay attention to the stupid arguments justifying possession of them?

I make my prediction again, although again it will be ignored here. Expect this shit to continue until we wise up about guns. Do I really need to say it again? Has anyone really forgotten that I made this prediction?

It's also about hate and terrorism. 

There are people here who need to take a look too. It is not a huge step from old fashioned "world views" which say that allowing gays to get married is an assault on "religious liberty," to some unstable guy with access to guns seeing men kissing each other, and getting so angry that he wants to shoot them. Americans need to get better about this. We need to understand there are people different than ourselves. We need to support, and not oppose, those politicians who ask us to respect diversity. We need to support those leaders who counsel us to respect people different than us. Those who are gay, or black, or of a different race or gender than us, or who have a different religion than us, deserve our respect and their rights, and not our hatred. We need to get used to those who do things we think are unusual and different from ourselves. Those who have different world views than us deserve our respect, but those whose world view justifies prejudice, need to get their world view up to date. And fast!

Some like Cynic Hero will not do this. I pity them, and I pity our country that we have such in our midst.

We need to continue the fight against the Islamic State and Islamic terrorism. The Obama administration is doing the best that it can in this fight, without us becoming like the terrorists, as Bush made us do, and as Donald Trump wants us to do. We need the world with us, including Islam, and we need to stand with the world against these evil beasts too.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 dead in Orlando gay nightclub shooting - by Eric the Green - 06-13-2016, 01:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SELL DEAD FULLZ UK CLONE CARDS ATM DUMPS WITH PIN(KINGTRUST.TO)BUY CASHAPP/PAYPAP/GIL selldumps 0 133 03-14-2024, 03:12 AM
Last Post: selldumps