Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(01-31-2021, 03:37 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 01:45 AM)mamabug Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 06:24 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'd say the bulk of the real world is pretty much dissatisfied with the entire situation at the moment.

I disagree.  I think at least 60% of people just want all the chaos to be over and at least another 10-20% would be happy with being the 'faithful opposition' as long as they can mostly be left alone when it comes to the things that are important to them.   All presidents get a grace period to show that they can accomplish this and right now Biden is being given the benefit of the doubt.  

I want to be optimistic, I just worry that the DNC is too fractured and that Biden, as a compromise candidate, doesn't have a strong enough vision or strength of personality to keep it together.  There seems to be an acceleration of blue states to get out of lockdown (mine went from Phase 1 to Phase 2 for it's most populous counties in a record 2 weeks when the last time it took us over a month to get to Phase 1.5) which will help return tensions back to the normal push-and-pull of American politics.  We'll see.

A side note on the current lockdown trajectory, nearly every rider my husband has picked up in deep blue Seattle has stated they think the Governor's been playing politics with the lockdowns.  I don't know if they just represent a unique POV because they are willing to leave their homes, but I do find that interesting.  Of course, we are still and will continue to be a one party state so it won't change how they vote, just highlights that most people don't really buy into their respective party lines as much as we think they do.

The conservative information outlets and avenues of mass communication are pretty much shutdown by big tech at the moment. So, Biden has the benefit of  a moment of silence with very few critics while he's issuing executive orders like crazy that will impact all of us.  So, whatever you see as far as polls are pretty much Democratic or former establishment Republican or Left Wing Political activist. The bulk of today's Republican base doesn't participate in polls. I do appreciate your honesty and your willingness to post your views/opinions.

No, the reactionary disinformation outlets have proved wrong and have doubled down on being wrong. They are like gamblers who have made big bets in efforts to recoup their losses.  Pete Rose was that sort of bettor. 

Know well that a word may change its meaning through emphasis. A word like conservative can as easily be a synonym for cautious as a euphemism for reactionary or even fascist.  It might also mean old-fashioned, but avoiding fads and crazes can be prudent caution. 

Note well that there is nothing prudent or cautious about fascism. I remember seeing a report of a "Kombined Konservative Kampground" In view of the tendency of that group to turn c's into k's... it was definitely fascist.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by pbrower2a - 01-31-2021, 04:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,724 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,825 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,075 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 677 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 627 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 618 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 603 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 652 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 632 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM