Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(09-17-2021, 12:21 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 11:03 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I agree. Although we really need a liberal Democrat to win in 2024. Moderate conservatives tend to be neo-liberal trickle-downers, which won't do in a time of existential crisis. Of course neo-liberalism is also a type of extremism; not identical to trumpism but compatible with it. It was called extremism when Barry Goldwater ran, but Reagan made it more acceptable just because he was a handsome actor and had macho charm. We need to end neo-liberal rule entirely; 40 years of regression is enough. It's time for progress again.

Kamala Harris may be smart enough to be president, but is not qualified as a nominee, because she will lose. It is unlikely that she will even inherit the job.

There is no direct political solution to anything unless a large percentage of both houses of Congress and the Presidency are solidly left and willing to take of the gloves and fight.  Why?  Because NO is always the default, and it's stronger now that the entire GOP has decided that voting for anything that the Dems want is some twisted version of treason.  Some of the needed fixes are totally out of reach.  The 2nd Amendment is still there, and I can't see any way that gets repealed.  The SCotUS will remain far-right unless it's packed, which is unlikely though at least possible.  Federalism limits what can be done in unison, and too many states aren't just obstructinist; they're outright antagonistic and oppositional.

I still fear this will be a next-2T fix.  I just don't see the groundswell needed to make real change, but I hope I'm wrong on that.

I predict you will be partly wrong on that, using my cosmic crystal ball method which has a lot of success. Of course, tempered by my obsession with following and understanding the news and history.

Right now, the Senate is 2 or 3 votes away from passing some major legislation through reconciliation. The Democratic Party is in negotiation. I think they will pass something. Much action on climate change is in this bill, if this portion is passed intact. Also, the president has some powers.

There are many clouds though, I admit. Republicans may try to shut down the government next month. I predicted the 2020s would be a progressive decade, for which we are way overdue. But Saturn returning to Aquarius through Aries is a fairly reliable 30-year indicator, and this is now going to be emphasized with Pluto there from 2023/4 to about 2043/4. The Supreme Court is the same as it was in the last 4T, and unless it tempers its reactionism, it could be threatened at least with packing. The Republican voter suppression going on in key states is a real concern. It could spell a midterm defeat unless millennials rise to their civic duty and vote. The congress can pass voting rights now and reverse this, if it finds an excuse to bypass the filibuster. This is unlikely, but still possible. Otherwise, it will be up to the aware and awake people to rise up on midterm election day and do their civic duty and preserve the republic and the world from the classic Xers and somnolent Boomers. If the midterms result in increased Democratic Party control, they could reduce/reform the filibuster or bypass/remove it and make Democratic Party power more permanent by giving Puerto Rico and DC senate seats. The groundswell has been aroused since 2017, if it still has legs. I consider the anti-Trump movements to be the regeneracy. The Democratic Party seems ready to fight, but right now they still have to get a few moderates in congress on board.

The Uranus Return every 84 years is an indicator that is identical to the saeculum, at least archetypally in the modern times since the 18th century, when the planet was discovered and became activated thereby. This even extends to the reason that philosopher/astrologer Dane Rudhyar said that Uranus has its traits: because it corresponds to the average length of a human life. That is also what S&H said is the basis for the saeculum. The Uranus Return is due in circa 2027.

We don't get through fourth turnings without having to meet an existential crisis or two. The pandemic is one. I mentioned at the start of these forums that climate change was the main thing, besides the nation's division caused by its reactionary Party itself. This is showing itself to be true ever more clearly, day by day. The IPCC says it's now code red. If we don't handle climate change now and reverse the trend, most-assuredly the next 2T will be too late. Second turnings may bring some social and cultural changes, and we can look for deeper change when it comes in the late 2040s, but big institutional changes are the province of 4Ts. And it never looks bright until near the end of the Crisis. We are in for some rough sailing yet in this 4T, which is still ramping up and is far from over. But the end looks positive according to the signs I read. Look to 2029 for some decisive battles that bring it to a conclusion. 

The 4T has never ended without a liberal or progressive victory. If we fail this time, it will be the first time. Do we want that on our conscience? I say no. We boomers still have a lot of work to do, and we dare not pass leadership on entirely to Generation X, which came of age under Reagan. The world needs our idealism and wisdom now. Writing on internet forums will not be enough. We boomers must participate in the body politic however we can during this 4T and beyond.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by Eric the Green - 09-17-2021, 02:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,721 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,823 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,075 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 676 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 626 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 617 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 604 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 602 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 652 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 629 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM