Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(09-19-2021, 12:48 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 12:04 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I just said she won't get the job, so any other comment is irrelevant and invalid, dude. Although I suppose, if the nation splits up, there won't be a president of the USA in the old sense.

By the way, you like the word America for yourself, but do you even realize that it refers to two whole continents? Most of which are hispanic?

What, do you think you're the king of the world or God or something? Your arrogance is going to be a detriment to your health/survival dude. You better figure out how to get in check before we do it for you.

You are getting belligerent again. 

I know, I know, I know. Many of the assumptions that you have made in life from childhood are falling apart. That is never easy. Nobody ever learns how to take that gracefully. Maybe being the sort of American that you are -- white, Christian, straight, and tied to Reagan-era conservatism -- doesn't hold the advantages that it once did. Maybe you see minorities succeeding, and even marrying people that you thought were the property of your race that must be kept pure. Maybe you can't accept that non-whites are asserting the same rights that you have assumed are for whites only. That includes marrying white people and having mixed-race babies by them.

I see it this way: most who do well do good first. They have often made great sacrifices to hone specialized skills. They did not become successful by boozing and whoring as adults or slacking off in school when kids. Maybe they started businesses that required them to put in 70-80 hours a week to have a chance to make a go of it. Maybe they went through some management-training program that had them doing long hours of truly unpleasant work, like dealing with irate customers or doing cold-call sales just to prove themselves. 

Unless one is born to wealth or privilege or has a career path that offers much so long as one is a chip off the old block, life isn't easy. Keeping a marriage together in rough times isn't easy. Hard as it all is one must do one's best. If one has children one needs establish an appropriate model for having some chance of success.  

Quote:It'll be much less painful than the alternative. What are you going to do, force her to resign (buy her off) or assassinate her before Biden resigns.

Eric has values -- maybe not yours, but they are just as valid. You attribute to him suggestions of violence that will never work. One thing is clear: Donald Trump was a catastrophic failure as President. He is the sort of person who has given  half-hearted efforts in all sorts of enterprises, cutting and running when things aren't as easy as they look. The one exception is the Presidency, and he failed there because he never understood that the President cannot govern as a despot and get away with it.   

Quote: What, do you actually believe Biden can continue getting away with it? America won't stand for it and the free world won't stand for it much longer either.

The only thing that President Biden is trying to get away with is in being President at an extreme age for such grave responsibilities, when most of his generation is already deceased. He does not have a large natural constituency of people similar to him in attitudes because they are in the same generation. This said -- he isn't hollow, lazy, angry, and egotistical as Trump is. Donald Trump is the disaster for being even more immature than senile.

As for the Free World... Angela Merkel loathed him and simply tried to wait him out. That was wise on her part. If you are dealing with Angela Merkel you don't do anything fishy. She can burn you. I have no idea how long Queen Elizabeth II will be around. She is one of the most secretive people around... and I would not be surprised if she has a rich log of her experiences with all sorts of people. She has surely met Franklin Roosevelt, who has been dead for over seventy-five years... and Donald Trump. Her memoirs (even if someone simply puts her diary into such a form) will be interesting. Trump will not be the most unpleasant guest that she has known, as there was Nicolae Ceausescu -- whom she is understood to have loathed. 

Trump made America's membership in the Free World far shakier than it had been. General Milley was right to warn the Chinese about the 45th President's desire to start a war with China, a war that would have never been approved by Congress.  

Quote: She's pretty much guaranteed the job at this point. Biden will be out of office within two years. There is no doubt about that now. I told you that you wouldn't be able keep his obvious problem ( he's both senile and incompetent ) hidden for very long. He's pretty much f-d up everything he's done so far.

If President Biden resigns, then it will really be a retirement that some physician has directed. It might be "die in office in three months or have a chance to live to 90".

The abandonment of Afghanistan is a disgrace, but Trump cut the deal.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by pbrower2a - 09-19-2021, 01:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,731 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,832 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,077 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 678 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 628 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 620 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 607 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 604 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 654 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 633 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM