Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(09-24-2021, 08:56 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 08:35 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 01:29 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Worse than being aged and insane... Donald Trump is terribly immature. He has a grade-school level of emotional maturity.

Look who's talking? It's hard to get over you're immaturity and the immaturity of today's Left without acting somewhat immature these days.

I'll dispute your characterization of Paul, but even if it's true, he's not the President, and not running for the job either.  We can and do expect much more from someone who does.  Trump fails miserably, and may very well be labeled a traitor by the one judge beyond dispute: history.

Thank you, David.

I am unelectable. I have Asperger's syndrome, and I often end up with expressions that contradict my words and feelings.

At least I know my serious flaws as a person. Of course I would never lie as Trump does. I could never get away with it. I'm not a sexual predator. If I were in business I would never have dealings with mobsters and would never stiff contractors. I expect integrity in business transactions as a norm, and I would enforce those as an owner or executive. I have much cause for resentment, but at least I have never struck back at society for such resentment.

As someone with a serious disability that has wasted such talents as I have, I cannot accept anyone mocking the disabled and unfortunate. I at least have nothing but respect for POWs in the "Hanoi Hilton" who showed their loyalty to America clean as did the late John McCain. I have nothing but respect for those military leaders who decided that Donald Trump was not going to muck things up so that we would have a war that would make a Presidential transition impossible. I respect law-enforcement that stood up to the Capitol Putsch at the risk of their lives and prosecutors who now hound down the worst.

Crooked gain just isn't worth the shame and the overall harm to the system. His sexual predation? Feminist or traditionalist, one way or the other one cannot excuse him. That was the definitive warning to me that he was unfit to be President.

...I see Donald Trump as a sick joke to historians. Presidents of the United States will get attention long after the USA is no more, much like Roman Emperors. Caligula, Nero (Quo Vadis?), and Commodus (Gladiator) have had feature films that show them in unflattering lights. I expect much the same, and far sooner (of course!) with Donald Trump. Of course, a full deprecation of Trump will be impossible until he dies... but with his bad eating habits, his obesity, and his lack of exercise I have every reason to expect Obama to be around for the premiere. Maybe one of Dubya and Bill Clinton!

I could even imagine a remake of Doctor Strangelove, with Donald Trump as the erratic character in a roman-a-clef.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by pbrower2a - 09-24-2021, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,724 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,825 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,075 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 677 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 627 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 618 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 603 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 652 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 632 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM