Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(09-24-2021, 10:11 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: It's not going to get any better or any easier for Gumby and the fascist leaning Democrats and Republicans from here on. It's only going to get worse and more dangerous for them and for you and the other partisan  clowns too.

As a pattern I generally do not predict day-to-day movements in polling numbers except as results of obvious events. We have yet to see the criminal trials of participants in the Michigan plot (those trials begin next month, thank you) and the worst offenders in the Capitol Putsch. Legal realities strike hard and fast -- and legal processes are of course capricious. So is public opinion.

Polling usually reflects public opinion and especially its focus at the time. When I think of 'fascist' Democrats I think of the segregationist pols and terrorists (KKK) of the past. When I think of 'fascist' Republicans -- the first person to come to my mind is Donald Judas Iscariot Trump. Americans can forget Afghanistan fast, much as it did not fall for stab-in-the-back rhetoric about the fall of our client state in Vietnam.

You are wise enough to recognize fascism as a snarl word in the same sense as madness, rape, and murder. I question whether you know what fascism really means. I prefer to be precise in the use of language unless I am trying to be cute as in metaphor, hyperbole,  simile, or Freudian slip. "The burglar broke into the house and met the German leopard.. excuse me, German shepherd"... or referring to the late Rush Limbaugh as "Rash Libel".

Your talent for predicting the future makes the astrology column of the National Enquirer look far more reliable.

Yes, it is true: this map suggests that just about any Republican nominee for President will defeat Joe Biden or any possible successor in 2024. Assuming that nothing will change by 2024 is itself folly. I have suggested three sure changes by 2024. Some others that I do not foresee could also ensure that a Republican wins in 2024 -- if timed appropriately for such. One new poll can repudiate any preceding poll. 29 states have been polled in nine months, and I expect that pace to pick up.

Nothing is permanent save change!

At least I show unflattering polls for President Biden even if I have reason to see those as temporary.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by pbrower2a - 09-25-2021, 12:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,723 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,823 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,075 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 676 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 626 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 617 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 602 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 652 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 632 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM