Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(10-12-2021, 03:00 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 01:02 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Here'a how things were for President Trump four years ago:

One pollster, all fifty states and DC. September 2017. A bit more flattering for Trump than what I already have. There will be updates.

Polling data based upon Morning Consult, Note that this data is more flattering, on the whole, to President Trump than what I already had. This pollster is not giving state-by-state analysis this year.

(Electoral votes are for 2020).

[Image: genusmap.php?year=2012&ev_c=1&pv_p=1&ev_...&NE3=0;1;6]

Trump disapproval, net negative and

55% or higher (dark red)
50-54% (medium red)
44-49% (pink)

Ties are in white.

If net positive for Trump)

44-49% (pale blue)
50-55% (medium blue)
56% or higher (dark blue)

But raw disapproval numbers appear instead  of electoral votes here:

[Image: genusmap.php?year=2012&ev_c=1&pv_p=1&ev_...&NE3=0;1;6]

Disapproval (net negative for Trump) : Similar color scheme.

55% or higher
50-54%
44-49%

Ties are in white.

(net positive for Trump)
46-49%  
41-45%
40% or lower

....of course there were shifts from then, but in general where Trump was behind he lost., Exceptions were Iowa, Ohio, and North Carolina. Trump did something politically astute after he saw disdain for him (he was already offending multitudes with hostile bluster, and his promotion of tariffs would hurt certain parts of rural America -- but he opened the spigots on farm subsidies to offset the losses from tariffs, in which case taxpayers ended up buying votes for Trump). Trump still lost.

President Biden is more unlucky because

(1) the Afghanistan withdrawal was Trump's deal and it blew up for the next President,
(2) COVID-19 is still deadly, and it is still deadly because of so many people who failed to do what was right (like getting the vaccine!)
(3) The American economy still reels from COVID-19 disrupting supply chains, which has brought about inflation.

We are in a 4T, and within the last five years at the most. COVID-19 has killed at a level characteristic of a Crisis-era war. In the last Crisis War people people died in war because they were shot, they stepped on mines, their ships were sunk, their aircraft were shot down, or their captors mistreated them. This time you want the shot if you are at all rational. People are dying while hooked up to ventilators in heroic efforts to keep people whose bodies COVID-19 has taken over can't keep up with the damage that the virus has done. People are being crippled, too, and people will get conditions that will shorten their lives.

The neoliberal era in economics that depended upon keeping prices low for retirees by sweating people who did the work and denying them opportunities to escape sweatshop conditions except through extraordinary effort, seems over. Prices were low and steady because real wages fell. Profits soared, especially in the property-rental business. Prices obviously rise when people start to get paid better.

700,000 lives lost? That is in between Washington DC (689,545  - 2020 Census) and Denver (715,522 2020 Census), 20th- and 19th-largest cities in the USA. We had a great national hissy-fit about the deaths from 9/11 about 3000 inexcusable deaths, and rightly so. That's about twenty times the nationwide deaths in an average year (it is actually in decline despite more miles driven), and we spend huge amounts of money to make highways and vehicles safer and dedicate much of the activity of state troopers to enforcing speed and DUI law, and set up red-light traps. The death toll from COVID-19 is more than 200 times that, and we have had days of death as horrible as. 9/11 or the Pearl Harbor attack. In war we cashier generals and admirals who have unexpected and inexcusable death tolls in combat. We whacked Osama bin Laden because he was never going to turn himself in.

We are going through some difficult and confusing times. Few were confused about loving or despising Donald Trump; there was little middle ground. There was little "I love his policies and hate his methods or character" or "He's a lousy President but I li9ke him any way" stuff. I can't fully compare Biden to Trump because we have seen him recently at his best in polling and still see him near his worst, and those are very different. Views of Trump were remarkably consistent in the electorate, and they are not so with President Biden.
Biden completely fucked up with Afghanistan. He wasn't unlucky as you say. He basically fucked himself, fucked his European allies, fucked the Americans who ended up being left behind, fucked Afghan allies, fucked the soldiers who died and fucked their families. Dude, America knows who was in charge and gave the orders at the time. All you are doing is making aimless excuses and pissing more Americans off by insulting their intelligence. Do you know what I've learned from Democrat's over the years? I've learned that the bulk of them are either clueless or dumb/ignorant or careless compared to those of us on the other side. The other thing I've learned, the majority of them are single today.

The issue with the vaccine is COVID-19 is only deadly for some people and that it's no worse than the flu for most people. Plus, the vaccine isn't a cure either. They say about one hundred million Americans have already been infected and survived. I know more people who have died from something other than COVID-19 than died from COVID-19 over the last year and a half. Biden is fighting a losing battle over COVID-19 because most Americans are better educated and more familiar with COVID-19. Oh, did you know that more people have died from COVID under Biden than Trump so far. So, what changed since he's been in office? Do you think the current border crisis that Biden and his ilk caused is having an impact and resulting in more Americans dying from COVID-19?

The issue with the economy is that it's getting worse with every stroke of Biden's. Biden and his ilk clamped down on domestic oil production resulting in higher gas prices. America is no longer energy independent like it was under Trump. Plus, the COVID related mandates are taking their toll on production and the workforce as well. Biden seems content with America moving towards another depression and civil war. So, what was the rest of the world doing as America was fighting its last civil war?

Biden carried out the biggest evacuation in history and got those Americans out who wanted to come out. So the Afghan pullout was not the complete failure you say it was. The mistake is usually not even talked about. The pullout overall was not a mistake. The war as it was fought was a mistake, and it was past time to end it. Trump felt the same way as Biden on this. The mistake was not getting folks out before the troops were taken out. But that didn't mean the troops had to stay past August 31; it meant the folks had to be taken out afterward. There was a failure of intelligence about the Afghan troops and their evident plan to give up. The corruption of the army meant that most of the money for troops and equipment went to a few leaders.

Covid19 has killed 700,000 Americans and over 6 million around the world. There has not been a disease or a war on that scale of death in this saeculum. Most people who get covid recover, I suppose, but many suffer long-term damage. Whatever "they" say that you heard is wrong. Your side is not interested in truth or facts. The number of USA recoveries is 34 million. And many of those did not fully recover. And they can get sick again in a few months. Biden's battle against covid stalled solely because of you guys. In states like Idaho overwhelmed health workers report that their hospitals are full of unvaccinated covid patients and lots of body bags are filled. If more people died from covid under Biden than Trump, that mostly happened in January. I doubt that's true though; the winter surge was extreme. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Domestic oil production has ramped up again after the winter covid surge. Your side has stalled the energy transition so far, so I don't see that Biden and the Democrats have done anything yet to stall oil production. I know my brother has oil investments and they are doing fine after the covid slump in 2020. Many workers laid off during the great Trump recession have become part of the great resignation. They decided that they wanted better work at better pay than under your neoliberal regime. Gas prices are up now, it's true. I think I heard this was weather related, which puts this all back on your side too. Your side not only refuses to deal with covid, but also climate change. Your strategy is denial, but we are not living next to a river in Egypt. It doesn't work.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by Eric the Green - 10-12-2021, 12:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,731 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,831 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,077 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 677 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 628 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 620 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 607 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 604 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 654 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 633 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM