Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(02-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 11:03 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 06:41 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 06:08 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 03:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Lord looks after fools, drunks, and the United States. There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America. A special Providence takes care of fools, drunkards, and the United States. God always looks after the fools and the United States.

“God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.”

― Otto von Bismarck

God help us. We don't seem to be able to.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/95610-g...ds-and-the
As I recall, the mighty Bismarck was crippled and sunk during World War II. You need a miracle but now you're resorting to insulting God instead.

No, it's an insult to your "America"
Dude, the majority of the country can read and understand what you say these days. I see that you are still trying to deny the obvious. How is that working out these days? On a lighter note, what do you think about Whoopi Goldberg's obvious fuck up the other day? Do you think she'll be fired like anyone else or do you think the Liberal double standard created to protect racist dip shits like her will apply instead?

“We live in a wondrous time, in which the strong is weak because of his scruples and the weak grows strong because of his audacity.”
― Otto von Bismarck

Wow, where did you get that one? Perfect description of the Democrats versus Trump and his Party. Meanwhile, the other quote I posted also applies in the same way. You guys are the drunkards and the fools. Your side of America. You claim that you understand this. Do you? Then why did you say I was insulting God?

I was once asked what I thought was the greatest vulnerability of the Axis Powers. It wasn't the lack of some economic resource such as oil. It was not incompetent generalship unless one ascribes such to leaders who wasted early strengths and the power of surprise. It was not finances or even technology. It was not manpower. Those were important, but it was clear that such weaknesses as the Axis Powers had had a more basic cause. 

In one word.... atrocities. The criminal syndicates that ruled Germany and Japan acted without conscience and could never win the peace. Just to have any chance to have some hope of personal dignity, occupied peoples needed to resist. The fascists could never win the peace, which the Americans and British, and to a lesser extent the Soviets (who were much more duplicitous) could do. A German soldier unfortunate enough to die in Stalingrad had to watch his back from the 1938 border with Poland all the way to Stalingrad. An American or British soldier was infinitely safer until facing combat, and occupation duty was practically R&R. The only partisans that the British and Americans were likely to meet were sympathetic partisans that welcomed them when overtaken. American and British (not to mention other Allied forces) were seen as liberators in Italy. 

Let's start with the Holocaust, one of the most infamous crimes of public policy that any State has ever done. Destroying a people who on the Other Side provided excellent scientists, engineers, administrators, and entrepreneurs was a supreme blunder as well as a horrific and inexcusable crime.  I need go no further. With the Japanese.. the Japanese showed beyond any doubt that European and American colonialism was obsolete. Evidence to that effect was that the Dutch could not reclaim the pre-war Dutch East Indies, that the British abandoned the "Jewel of the Crown" within two years of the armistice with Japan, and that the USA was already planning to give independence to the Philippines even before the Japanese conquest. Somehow the French thought that they could resume power in Indochina, which proved a costly enterprise. 

Quote:Whoopie was suspended for 2 weeks, but I think mostly undeserved. She corrected herself; she is no racist. I don't know why she made that slip in her thought. It's easy to be confused over just what the Jews are. Are they a religion, since anyone can convert and be one, or are they a race that has held together since fleeing or being expelled from their homeland 2000 years ago? Are they a race because those who hate them call them an inferior race? Clearly, Hitler was a racist who used social darwinism to claim that the Jews should not survive in the battle for survival of the fittest race. Whoopie seemed to forget this history, and that is a bit amazing.

If that is what it takes to get the story straight, then such is a sort of vacation. Judaism is a religion with some cultural traditions attached. In view of the different people who have adopted Judaism, there is no Jewish race. 

It may be ironic, but I come from an antisemitic family, and the more that I heard about the Jews and checked out such against the reality of genuine Jews, the better Judaism looks to me. I fit several Jewish stereotypes. and I have had some heated arguments over the Web with neo-Nazis. I have told those creeps that if I had to choose between being a Nazi scum and an ordinary Jew I would be a Jew because such would compromise neither my cultural no ethical beliefs. Nazism is gross immorality that eviscerates Christian ethics and bowdlerizes German culture. Felix Mendelssohn is as German as one gets.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by pbrower2a - 02-03-2022, 02:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,732 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,833 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,078 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 678 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 629 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 620 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 607 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 605 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 655 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 633 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM