Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(03-10-2022, 01:30 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 11:52 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:13 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 11:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 04:37 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I am a liberal. I am not a neoliberal like you. Despite the resemblance of terms, there's a vast difference between them. THere is no such thing as a left-wing reactionary. The terms are contradictory. I am not a lot like Stalin or Bolsheviks, and you are the one who is close to Hitler, because you are a racist and you support oligarchs and giving them tax breaks and subsidies, and you believe in free access to guns as Hitler did. You don't seem to be learning anything, that's true. You are a reactionary.

Americans will indeed oppose Nazis, and Bolsheviks too should they ever arise here. Right now, there are no Bolsheviks in the USA, but there are Nazis, and that may include you. Many Americans are allied in supporting resistance to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. There is still a division among Americans. Some Republicans are moving away from the racist nationalism and the support for big lies and the Trump coup that you laud and agree with. There remains however the addiction by Republicans like you to neoliberalism at a time when we need to raise taxes, especially on the wealthy, and provide social spending to help workers and the poor directly rather than giving breaks to "job creaters" and hoping benefits will trickle down from the greedy to the needy. And we will likely need to raise taxes for more support for NATO now.

I am very glad Biden banned Russian oil in the USA. I asked for this for several days in my comments to the white house. I hope it can be extended to the Europeans soon. I see that they will embark on a program of faster transition to renewable energy. More oil and gas sent to them by others could be a temporary measure.
You're not liberal. You're to partisan to be liberal. As matter of fact, none of you are as liberal as me on the issues that matter most to you. I mean, none of you would even consider increasing domestic oil production or building more nuclear power plants these days. I'm not a neoliberal. If I was a neoliberal, I would have voted for Clinton and Biden instead of Trump like the neoliberal minded GOP's  did back in 2016 & 2020. Global trading matters to me but it doesn't matter more to me than the country. Trump was a direct threat to the  neoliberal establishments and he still is today. Reagan didn't have anything to do with what the Presidents that followed him did or the trade agreements they made while they were in office.

To be liberal today is to be a partisan Democrat. That's because the alternative is so reactionary, as you are. You don't understand neoliberalism. You choose not to. The champion of neoliberalism was Reagan. Reagan had everything to do with all the presidents of the next 40 years and the entire Republican Party. You deliberately choose not to understand that. You could if you chose to.

How can you be liberal if you're a partisan Democrat? That makes no sense. As far as what the man had say about neoliberalism, I agree with most of what he had to say and if you were to have payed more attention to the beginning of his lecture and compare it to what I said about Reagan not being responsible for the decisions and the agreements made by the Presidents who followed him and the problems mainly related to them and the problems we are facing as a nation today. You're going to disagree but if you really listened to him, you're part of the problem not the solution. If you listened to his solution and the words he used to describe those who represent the solution and the kind of country that's needed as a solution. It's Us. You say you're not a neoliberal yet you voted for two of them because you're a partisan Democrat. I guess that makes you either a hypocrite or a moron.

That's what a liberal is today, a Democrat. Greens have gone off the deep end to some extent; independents are too easily swayed by who knows what (but usually by the right), and the conservative right is now almost entirely right wing crazies. Because I really listen to him, I know that Reagan instituted neoliberalism and the presidents who followed him more or less followed him. If you know about neoliberalism you know that it came to power in 1980, with Reagan and Thatcher.

I had a hunch you might agree with some of the things he said. Like most people who vote Republican, you don't really know what you are voting for.
I know what I've been voting for over the years. I've been voting for my freedom along with millions of others on the American right. What have you been voting for, keeping poor people poor and reliant upon Liberals and the states they control? Who taught you all the crap that you say about Us? How much of the crap you say is true? We don't say crap about you, we say what we know about you that we obtained from you. You seem to be a player. So, what's at stake for you? You keep telling me you're liberal but I don't see much of anything liberal about you. I see someone who acts like/looks like he has a substantial stake of being lost. Me, I have a stake in an American country like seventy some million (probably a lot more than that today now that Biden's been in office) Americans. But, I'm not concerned about losing it because America is to powerful as a group. Biden has already shown us he has some Putin in him when tried to impose senseless mandates and his failed attempt to undo most everything related to Us and the power that we represent as a group. Do you see a larger voting block in the country today? You say you're not a neoliberal but you sure seem like one or at least seem like a useful tool to me. So, who is the largest manufacturer of car batteries, is it Us or China right now? It's China right. Other than the inner workings of the Democratic party and Democratic politics in general, I don't think you have a flipping clue or a care in the world about anything important to the rest of the American people. You said it yourself, you are a partisan Democrat. You better change your name to Eric the Democrat since your ditching the Greens. Like I said, you part of the problem not the solution. We're the solution and you'll find that out as we continue moving through the 4t. I've already seen the way you use terms and seem to be using the term authoritarian the same way. Why you're using terms (racist, fascist) like defense mechanisms or a means to divide or a means to end dissent or control is beyond me because it ain't working and it's only exposing what you truly are beneath the surface. I used to use so called liberals to describe you guys back when there was a mixed group of Democratic supporters as a way to distinguish between the group. It took me about a year to get the American minded Democrats out of the way or to be truthful out of harms way. After that, it was pretty much a group of Liberal's vs a dedicated group of Americans with the decent Democrats chiming in from time to time but remaining neutral for the most part. Well, we are almost there now. So, why would we use our guns to seal your fate when you're doing a good of that yourselves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - by Classic-Xer - 03-10-2022, 08:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,724 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,823 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,075 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 676 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 626 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 617 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 602 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 652 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 632 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM