Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, Qanon is a dangerous, destructive cult
(06-02-2022, 02:14 PM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 02:08 PM)David Horn Wrote: I wouldn't give Putin or any Russian agency credit or blame for QAnon.  It's right up our alley.  We Americans need a boogieman, and we'll work had to create one if none are apparent.  I doubt it was even launched with serious intent.

He (or at least his staff) deserves credit for conjuring the brainchild. Americans deserve blame for taking the bait. The rest is as you say: Americans are obsessed with fighting boogiemen.

It is a totally American creation, as far as I can tell. Putin and his cohorts get partial blame for supporting Trump financially and helping in his scheme to tarnish Hillary's reputation through email exposures and false conspiracy theories about her. Trump in turn became a hero of the QAnon cult.

I had long discussions with a believer about child sex trafficking schemes for which she blamed the United Nations, UN Agenda 21 regarding climate change, and climategate, liberals, and Democrats, and this was before I had even heard of QAnon. It is apparent to me now that she was part of the cult.

As I see it, conspiracy theory mentality goes like this. See or make up an event. Before considering any facts or evidence about it, explain it by blaming it on whichever authority or group or alleged secret power you don't like or don't agree with. Then find or make up questions or find gaps in the actual evidence, "connect the dots", and make up answers for them. Meanwhile ignore actual evidence or empirical data that could disprove or prove your theory, and argue that anyone who disagrees with your theory or provides actual evidence about it is part of the plot itself or at least part of the cover-up.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes, Qanon is a dangerous, destructive cult - by Eric the Green - 06-02-2022, 02:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A personality cult for Trump? pbrower2a 6 4,846 06-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund