Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Biden’s foreign policy may not differ much from Trump
Nothing pertinent.  A slight diversion.

I just created a character for fun using the Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition rules.  I didn’t intend her to be an anti capitalist.  I intended for her to be a shape shifting nature champion.  Wild Elf, female, warlock, patron fey, familiar sprite, neutral good.  Among her abilities are to shape shift armored scales, natural weapons, wings, and any disguise.  I got half way through the design, looking for flaws and limits, and discovered she didn’t much need things.  She had healthy survival and nature skills, so could gather food trivially from the wild.  She could cast the alter self spell at will, and thus create any clothing she wanted or needed.  No need to work.  Why did she need things?  Able to imitate a noble in full formal garb through her magic, she none the less can be permanently penniless and without possessions.  Not that she is obnoxious or obsessive about it.  She is just that way.

Among her habits is driving her more 'civilized' companions crazy by speaking with beasts, allowing her to make friends with their horses and let them know what they need or want.  They are not mindless slaves to be used, but our essential equals.  Her habit of laughing when one of her companion's horses snorts is not fully appreciated.

But if she works with the fairly conventional human kingdom nearby to keep her forest wilderness (and the allied kingdom behind it) free of unpleasant creatures, is she part of an evil capitalist conspiracy?  Living in a fantasy environment and thus autocratic culture, does this too leave her hopelessly unenlightened?  I mean, they are all into the capturing the means of production game.  They are awful.  No one owns nature.  Is it unthinkable to allow (shudder) humans into her woods, even if they are effective at beating up monstrosities?

Fortunately, she is part of a sprite culture that can be entirely annoying to any human who outstays they're welcome.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Biden’s foreign policy may not differ much from Trump - by Bob Butler 54 - 02-27-2021, 07:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 6,059 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 348 92,713 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,128 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 683 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 639 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 627 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Trump-Biden handoff: Business as usual, as usual chairb 0 583 10-20-2021, 05:55 AM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 617 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 610 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 661 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM