Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate Name for Nomad/Reactive Generations
(05-07-2022, 06:32 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 02:30 PM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 12:43 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Myself, I have no trouble linking myself with the Boomer and Prophet archetype. I was born right in the middle of it. I am a prophet, literally, and an idealist. I am a crusader and a moralist.

What convinced me of the validity of generational theory is the number of traits that fit me in spite of being against my natural personality, like how I was begrudgingly forced to accept substantially more collectivistic strategies as a means of survival and basic pragmatism.

There is a famous Venn diagram of "Ideas We Admire" and another of "Ideas that Actually Work".  Of course, the joke is: there is zero overlap.  It may be intended as humor, but it's also more than a bit accurate. We Americans, especially, have been raised on the idea of individualism and up-by-the-bootstraps motivation and self-worth -- in short, the competitive model.  In reality, the cooperative model works better, producing more consistent results at lower cost to the individual and society as a whole.

If you doubt it, look at the two arenas that consistently test the theory: sports and war.  Setting aside individual sports where cooperation doesn't really apply, teams and armies do best when they operate in a cohesive and complimentary manner.  Neither trait is associated with individualism.
General speaking, business generally also abide by the gospel of teamwork as well. Does it work all the time? No, but you will similarly find said friction in the sports world from time to time. In our workplaces we are often preached the gospel of "No I in team".

Have often asked, in regards to the societal malaise that has been with us for, I would say, the past 7 years at least, is there nothing that could get the troops to feel excited and inspired, ready to go after the gold? Perhaps the effort to overturn Roe v. Wade will ignite the needed spark. We shall see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternate Name for Nomad/Reactive Generations - by beechnut79 - 05-07-2022, 11:50 AM