He will be impeached or forced to resign
He will be overthrown in a coup
He will become a dictator
Something else
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen if Trump is elected President
(08-02-2016, 11:36 AM)The Wonkette Wrote: What will happen if Donald Trump is elected President?  This is a poll.

My prediction...he will be a successful 2 term president with all further GOP and many Democratic candidates (assuming that the two parties survive the 4T--in name of course there is a pattern of the parties changing coats, Lincoln said something about that) all taking on at least some aspect of Trumpism. In short like there was an Age of Jackson there will be an Age of Trump.

This of course assumes that the world doesn't immolate itself in a nuclear holocaust which seems to be the wet dream of many of the boomers remaining on these forums.

(08-02-2016, 11:56 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: First vote -- overthrown in a coup after he violates the Geneva Conventions in a non-trivial manner or acts in gross disregard of the Constitution.

Interesting. Highly unlikely but interesting. I say it is unlikely because were this to happen it should have happened with W. or Obama first.

Quote:I predict that he would start a war on shaky grounds,

Based on what exactly? Trump's rhetoric for the last thirty years has been defensive in nature and seeking to dismantle the post-WW2 empire unless of course Japan, Korea and Germany are willing to pay for their continued occupation of course (which if they act like other humans normally do--and I expect that they will) means the closure of many many many military bases overseas.

Quote: much like Dubya, but he would make dangerously illegal orders.

You mean like the thousands of drone strikes carried out every year of the Obama administration some of which have resulted in the murder of American citizens? Illegal orders like that?

Quote: The military will have enough of him as war goes badly, and it will find not wait for the next election. He might be deposed for reasons of health -- most likely mental.

Of the two candidates for the main parties the one most likely to be deposed for health reasons, or to start a war for that matter, is HRC. After all she is both a neo-con and has known serious medical issues neither of which is true of the non-smoking, non-drinking Trump. The only health decision questions I have about hims is what his bronzer may be doing to his kidneys but he's made it to his late 60s so I'm not worried that much about that.

Quote:I see him as the worst possible sort of leader in wartime, someone reckless, someone unable to build viable coalitions of allies, someone unable to learn from mistakes.

Someone else had that said of him.....Winston Churchill.

Quote:He is out of his league, and his behavior while campaigning shows this. This guy makes George Wallace in 1968 look electable.

Yes because he generates free press and advertisements and totally sucked the air out of the DNC convention with his behavior never mind the email dump made by wikileaks. This leads me to believe that if the DNC's servers were hacked HRC's personal server was definitely hacked and I foresee a wikileaks based October Surprise in his favor.

Quote:The pretext for a coup would be "high crimes and misdemeanors", of which war crimes obviously qualify, that Congress refuses to address. Congress is not obliged to impeach a wayward President. Senior military officers do not want to be saddled with war crimes.

Again, were this likely to happen it would be more likely under HRC since she is a neo-con anyway, but should have already happened under W or Obama. Unless of course your argumentation is that the soldiers and sailors absolutely love being posted to backwater desert shitholes. It matters little if the Generals love the Emperor provided the Centurions and Soldiers do.

Quote:The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) will then go down the list of persons eligible to become President in accordance with the order of succession and will eventually find someone willing to act as President in according to the Constitution and willing to comply with the Geneva Conventions, and then back off once the JCS finds a President willing to abide by the laws of the land, including the Constitution.

Well this would naturally preclude any Democrat, and of course Paul Ryan assuming he survives his primary which isn't looking good for him. Again this also assumes that Trump starts a war to start with and then proceeds to execute it poorly. None of which would be compatible with his rhetoric for the last thirty years.

(08-02-2016, 06:27 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: The USA's first military coup.

Unlikely for the reasons I listed to PBR. That's okay though. Come the 1T I expect the purges will include BLM, SJWs and of course the #NeverTrump crowd.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will happen if Trump is elected President - by Kinser79 - 08-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,902 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  This is how realignments happen Dan '82 16 8,466 06-12-2021, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Tim Randal Walker
  Will the real president of the United States please stand up? girlmonday 0 702 03-06-2021, 03:59 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  What if we replaced elected politicians with randomly selected citizens? March3 10 2,808 03-06-2021, 02:21 AM
Last Post: MissDenver
  Ex-GOP Lawmaker: Trump Is “Illegitimate President,” Should Be Impeached mily 21 7,759 12-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Last Post: married1959
  Bill gives the President discretion on Intelligence spending. pbrower2a 0 1,479 01-18-2018, 05:05 AM
  Elected officials attend Agenda 21 meeting in I.F. nebraska 0 933 01-16-2018, 02:55 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  What will happen if Clinton is elected President MillsT_98 44 22,607 09-14-2016, 11:09 AM
  Calls by elected officials (other than Trump) for political violence pbrower2a 3 3,677 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
  The Case for Vice President Al Franken Dan '82 3 2,655 06-24-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green