Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
This is not a new episode of Parks and Recreation.

Quote:Four women have accused Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill ® of inappropriately touching them at a bar in March, according to a confidential memo obtained by the Indianapolis Star.

The allegations are the subject of an investigation by the Indiana General Assembly. The memo, prepared by the law firm Taft Stettinius & Hollister, came at the request of state lawmakers, the Star reported.

The memo alleges that Hill put his hands under one female lawmaker's clothes and grabbed her buttocks. It also alleges that the attorney general grabbed a legislative employee's buttocks, as well, and inappropriately hugged and touched two other employees.

At one point, the memo alleges, Hill told women at the bar that they needed to "show a little skin" if they wanted to get served faster.

The alleged touching and groping by Hill came at a party to celebrate the end of the legislative session. Hill, according to the memo, was "very intoxicated" at the gathering.

Hill denied the allegations in a statement to the Star, saying that "at no time was my behavior inappropriate nor did I touch anyone in an inappropriate manner."

"The atmosphere was light and jovial, as would be expected in a bar," Hill said, according to the Star. "I interacted with several people — talking, laughing, and telling stories."

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/...e-touching
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by pbrower2a - 07-04-2018, 11:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,803 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund