Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T?
Lessons learned, I hope. Iraq was a totally unnecessary war, and we fucked up a bad situation and made it worse. The Iraq invasion allowed Al Qaeda of Iraq to come in and foment trouble. That has become the Islamic State, now occupying portions of Iraq and Syria and a few other places.

Trump falsely claims he opposed the invasion originally, though he opposed it later. Now he puppets the line that the USA should have kept troops in Iraq, despite the Iraqi requirement that they leave. Iraq's leader at that time was almost as bad as the one which the USA deposed. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Maliki fomented support for the resurgent Al Qaeda and IS. Just continuing the fight under Maliki would have never ended.

Now we have troops back in Iraq in a supportive role. I suppose we have no choice. But once the IS is defeated, then the victorious factions may be fighting each other. Iraq is going to be a clusterfuck for a long time. Dumb policies have dumbfounding results.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T? - by Eric the Green - 10-05-2016, 01:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Might quantitative society end up the theme of the next High? nguyenivy 2 1,755 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a