Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound reproduction and playback
(12-03-2018, 11:12 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Note well: that many of the sound systems on which people are playing back new vinyl LPs are awful. Most people have no idea of what high fidelity sounds like, having listened to highly-compressed formats on 'sound systems' best described as boom boxes in miniature -- or car stereo (the system might be good, but it comes with road and engine noise.

Each generation picks the aspects of their lives that matter most to them.  Today, music is ubiquitous and, typically, mediocre as you noted.  The audience for music doesn't seem to care.  If the audience is satisfied, then expect more of the same.  Why work hard to create something people are unwilling to pay for? On the other hand, if you want real quality, expect to pay dearly: you're among the rare few, and the material is priced accordingly.  Sadly, I've heard really excellent performances masked by truly awful production.  Like you, I'm in the minority.  To be honest, I don't listen to nearly as much music now as I did in my halcyon days.  I doubt that will change.   Sad
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
Sound reproduction and playback - by pbrower2a - 08-16-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Sound reproduction and playback - by linus - 02-27-2018, 10:47 PM
RE: Sound reproduction and playback - by linus - 02-28-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: Sound reproduction and playback - by linus - 03-01-2018, 02:02 PM
RE: Sound reproduction and playback - by David Horn - 12-03-2018, 01:21 PM