Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(10-08-2016, 09:38 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 09:12 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 06:39 PM)Odin Wrote: Given how Southerners seem to think it's the end of the world when they get an inch of snow they probably wouldn't survive a winter over there! Big Grin

http://www.newson6.com/story/16631438/re...zzard-2011

Huh?  We have it all, man.  Heat waves, blizzards, earthquakes, and tornadoes.

You may have it all, but I'm dubious about southerners handling it all.  I was in the Washington DC area when it was hit with a whopping 1/2 inch of snow.  The locals could so obviously not handle it that I prudently decided to drive straight to my apartment rather than to stop at a restaurant on the way home.  Walking seemed safer than driving.  My apartment was immediately adjacent to a shopping mall which contained my destination eating place.  Walking back after my meal I passed four accidents in about a quarter mile...

OK.  So I'm a New Englander.  I don't have experience with earthquakes.  So sue me...
To be fair, in the south (including Washington DC), heavy snow is rare enough that local governments don't invest in the type of snow removal equipment that New Englanders have. Plus, when we do have snow, since our winter temperature so often hovers around the freezing mark, you get a cycle of melt than freeze that can make even a trivial snowfall amount highly treacherous. I experienced that last January, driving back from Southern Maryland to Arlington, VA. It was not the big 2 foot blizzard we had later that month; this was no more than an inch or two, but very very slippery and treacherous, especially on untreated roads.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by The Wonkette - 10-09-2016, 05:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige