Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(11-12-2016, 11:56 AM)Anthony Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 03:41 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: We are stuck with the equivalent of a strange four-year-to-life incarceration unless we either emigrate or commit suicide. We must simply work for the Master Class that will turn us into serfs and consider such the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to us.

In a way I would prefer prison except for the company -- at least no prisoner is obliged to claim that he loves suffering in the prison.

But emigration, if it occurs on a large enough scale, guarantees that the right remains in power in America essentially forever.

No -- until the Right does something really stupid like picking a war with a major power like Japan that has shot past America in technology and is prosperous enough to have solved the needs of its people.

For those that I leave behind -- my sympathy. I cannot save the world.

...One of the most reliable divides between Right and Left in history is that creditors are on the Right, and debtors are on the Left. The big creditors are such people as employers who have their workers on debt-bondage... and those owners are among the most reactionary people ever known. Smaller-scale creditors might be those who have amassed a small savings account or bought an insurance policy or two as a back-up, but these small-scale creditors at the least recognize the need for an economy vibrant enough to keep people from having to sell off assets to survive in hard times.  Few debtors are really large, except for governments... but even those who have severe debts for their tiny incomes, like those who are the debt-bonded workers, have no stake in the system. Those in hock up to their necks surely want an overheated economy and inflation to alleviate their debt.

Eventually the helpless turn on their masters in the wake of a military disaster, crop failure, or natural disaster. Global warming is a real threat, and one can expect it to cause crops to fail. Consider the Corn Belt: it needs winter blizzards to create a shield against evaporation, and then melt to supply water to germinating seeds.

But of course, global warming is a complete hoax in the Christian and Corporate State. Crop failures will not be.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by pbrower2a - 11-12-2016, 09:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige