Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(11-24-2016, 06:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 11:27 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 07:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I used to worry that there would be convergence between the Kremlin / SCO and the Western Left. Some years ago I even briefly flirted with certain notions that Obama was "the one" - groomed somehow by Russian intelligence to become a Quisling.

The issue here is that people like Obama and Hillary Clinton seemed loyal to Soviet ideas from the 1970s, not to current Russian ideas.  Putin is no believer in the workers rising up against the middle class, as Marx predicted.  At most Obama could have recreated the Soviet Union here, which he seemed on track to do for a few months until the Democrats lost their supermajority in the Senate.

Soviet ideas from the 1970s have no relation whatever to those of Obama and Hillary Clinton. The Soviets were entirely dedicated to military competition. Even though typical Democrats still bend to the notion that the USA needs to be top dog, it's not their primary interest.

Perhaps I should have been clearer:  by "Soviet ideas from the 1970s", I'm talking about the ideas in their propaganda, not how they actually operated.  You know, the Marxist-Leninist ideas that turned out not to work so well in practice, but which the Soviets pretended they still adhered to.  "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need", that sort of thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Warren Dew - 11-25-2016, 01:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige