Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(03-11-2017, 10:49 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 11:07 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 10:56 AM)Odin Wrote: Who said anything about INVADING Russia? This is about a show of strength.

Russia interprets "showing strength" as a preparation for invasion.  Considering that they've been invaded several times in the past five centuries.  (Napoleon and Hitler obviously but less well known invasions too by the Poles, Swedes, and Turks too) I think they have just cause.

This is a crucial point that Odin misses because he is also clueless about history in general and Russian history in particular.  Probably doesn't know what the Great Patriotic War was and understanding that would probably enlighten him as to why poking Russia with a stick is a really bad idea.

Well what is interesting is that, at least traditionally, the term Patriotic in the Russian language meant that they were fighting for the soil that was occupied by their fathers.  The word comes directly to them from the Latin Pater.  The concept of a flag waving idiot (a common western notion as to what a patriot is) is relatively new to them.

(03-11-2017, 10:56 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 12:15 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: <snip> long post</snip>

You left out the part where according to the Vault 7 material that was just released it is very possible that the CIA did some hacking and made it look like Russia did it.  Deliberately and directly trying to rig an election is just the sort of thing that has too little upside and too much downside for Putin.  Culturally Russians tend not to risk what they already have on the geopolitical stage.  Its not is if the US hasn't done false flag operations in the past, Gulf of Tonkin comes to mind.

So far we have come out ahead with the rather odd outcome of most ranking Democrats looking like characters out of Dr. Strangelove.

I've not gone over much of the vault 7 material myself.  But I wouldn't put false flag operations past the Deep State.  They've done it before.  But the risk reward for the Russians even if they had been involved in the election past the usual both candidates send a proxy to talk to the Ambassador and Consuls is such that there would be a lot at stake and very little for them to gain.

Historically the Russians typically don't gamble on the world stage.  I doubt Putin is an exception to that rule--for all his faults he really is a very conventional ruler for Russia as is Medvedev who is essentially his Right hand.

It is strange that you bring up James Bond films.  Putin himself has used similar imagery but when he does it it comes off as cool rather than crazy like the Democrats have managed.

But I have a clear bias being a long time Russophile.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Kinser79 - 03-12-2017, 03:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige