Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(03-28-2017, 02:12 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: @PBR and Bob

Have neither of you ever considered that it is my conscience speaking when it says to not waste money on those who aren't part of my tribe? Or is conscience only for those who hypocritically spout off about their love for all of humanity.

Let me lay out what my conscience dictates on several issues brought up:

1. Health care insurance: People should buy their own. It should not be provided by their employer as that makes the older and sicker among us slaves to their employer, or worse makes them unemployable. But it should be noted that insurance and access are two different problems.

Insurance and access are not two different problems. If you can't afford it, you don't have access. It takes a bit of altruism to accept that health care is a right for everyone. Even Daddy Drump said often that "no-one would die on the street in his administration." He may not have meant it, but at least he had the concept. Everyone has the right. But it does have to be paid for, because doctors don't work for free, etc. Social insurance is what more advanced countries than the United States rely on. Classical and neo-liberals have forsaken this concept in preference for individual liberty. But individual existence is interdependent with others, and one is not free if one is too poor to afford the necessities of life, which includes health care. Compassion and conscience dictates support for universal health care coverage.

Quote:2. Climate Change is real--the climate has been changing for some 4.5 billion years or so. What remains to be determines is if/when said climate change is going to cause real impacts. Quite frankly the science on this is still out. As for the predictions made over the years.

Image explains it all

The science IS settled, despite the mistakes that some proponents have made in what they said. The models have predicted global warming, and it's happening, pretty much as predicted. Case closed. Exactly how severe it gets, still depends on humans. There is no doubt that humans are causing the current warming of the climate in the industrial age, and that burning fossil fuels is the primary factor. Just saying "the climate is always changing" is simply denying climate change. The question for conscience is, which is more important: protecting an ideological belief and/or the fortunes of a few fossil fuel CEOs, or protecting the sustainability of life on Earth? I know it's a hard choice for folks like kinser and galen to make, but it isn't for folks like me at all.

Quote:3. As for my request for a definition, it was for the sake of clarity--boomers in general love to not use dictionary definitions of words. Myself, I would say that everyone has a conscience, excluding perhaps psychopaths and sociopaths--but I'm no psychologist so I could be completely wrong here.

The dictionary is a superficial source for insight into psychology and the deeper truths of life.

Quote:I'd also go far as to say that some view their conscious as expanding to all of humanity--those with pathological altruism. For the rest of us our compassion only goes out so far--family, friends/tribe, everyone else. This means that if something stands in the way of family or Friends/tribe by everyone else; well everyone else's prerogatives can get screwed.

My conscious(ness) and my conscience, extends to all humanity. Because it is me, and I am It, and more. It often requires me to look to a deeper perspective regarding some people, beyond their actions and attitudes expressed, to the deeper core-- in which everyone connects to Spirit, and all people have value, and core values. I do see suffering on the part of some people, even those I dislike, and I have some compassion for them. Yet, it may only be some situations, including (but not limited to) people I know, that arouse me to take action to help in some way.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Eric the Green - 03-28-2017, 11:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige