Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
My first reading of your few notes back I really didn’t recognize the ‘BLM’ initials.  The first entry popping up on my first internet search really was the home page for the Bureau of Land Management.  Now, that BLM really is involved in some controversy.  Some conservatives out west think public lands should be exploited by locals rather than conserved by city slickers way back east.  Some of these conservatives are armed and organized in the style of the ‘militia’ groups.  Every once in a while, they put their foot down and reject the policies of that other ‘BLM’.  Now, that BLM isn’t a bunch of armed goons.  If they have a problem, they will generally call in Federal Marshals, the FBI, the BATF, or whomever.  For some reason, even if they are part of a controversy, I really had a problem turning them into a terrorist organization.

So I widened the search.  Wiki’s BLM disambiguation page had a bunch of suggestions.  I quickly guessed you were talking about the #4 BLM.

Wiki Wrote:BLM may refer to:
• Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen-Mürren, a railway line in Switzerland
• Biotic Ligand Model, toxicology tool
• Black lipid membranes
• Black Lives Matter, an activist movement
• Bleed Like Me, a 2005 album by Garbage
• BLM Heliport
• BLM (law firm)
• Bloom syndrome protein
• Blue Lives Matter, a pro-police movement in the United States
• Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum, a history museum in Brunswick, Germany
• Bureau of Land Management, US federal government agency
• Monmouth Executive Airport's IATA code
• Saint Barthélemy's ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code

Now, I don’t consider Black Lives Matter to be a terrorist group or fifth column working for a foreign country.  They see a very real domestic problem and organize non violent protests.  Some cops are just more afraid of black people than others folks, and are trained that when they fear for their lives to use lethal force.  They need better training.  Cops who are particularly fearful or prejudiced ought to be taken off the streets.  Yes, I can understand that if both hands aren’t in plain sight cops will get nervous, but if you ask for an ID and they reach for their wallets, this shouldn’t be a death sentence.

I don’t really like the term ‘lone nut’.  However, any social issue that draws a large bunch of protesters might well draw in someone far more ready to use violence than the majority of the movement.  Yes, there are a few shooters concerned about the same issues as BLM.  One might reasonably call these few shooters terrorists.

But the primary BLM organization is not a terrorist group.  They organize non-violent protests.  They are certainly not working for the benefit of a foreign power, thus shouldn’t be described as a fifth column.

Now, you repeatedly asked where I have been.  I’ve been in reality.  I’ve been speaking English.  In the world you seem to be living in, words take on all sorts of weird meanings and vile stereotypes are applied freely and widely.  I expect this of extreme partisans.  They will typically twist and distort their vision of reality to support their strange perspectives.

A bit ago, Eric suggested that everything you say is wrong.  Pot, kettle.  Kettle, pot.  Black.  You both live in strange alternate worlds.  The difference is that Eric seems to be starting to be aware of it.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-31-2017, 02:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige