Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(04-01-2017, 03:07 PM)Mikebert Wrote: WTF?  Nobody is talking about Michael Flynn on the Russia thread?  I see a replay of the drama of two years ago with Flynn playing the role of David Wildstein. (Actually he is trying to emulate Oliver North, but Wildstein is more recent.)

I try to avoid discussing an issue likely to be resolved in a court of law, civil or especially criminal, the latter including topics that might result in a plea bargain. Court cases are capricious even if they might be resolved with rational processes. This, I believe, is wise practice for anyone. I have guessed wrong on many high-profile criminal cases, and the courts have gotten wrongful convictions and let offenders loose.

Good prosecutors and investigators usually let the drama unfold in a courtroom.

Quote:Anyways it suggests that Flynn's lawyer thinks Flynn maybe be in some serious hot water.  This just goes to show how clueless Trump is.  Wildstein and North were bit players.  Flynn was Trump's primary advisor on foreign policy, a big fish.  It seems Flynn has been involved in all sorts of hinky dealings with the Russians and if he had any brains he wouldn't have gotten involved with a presidential candidate.  What, he did not think he would get scrutiny?  Now he might go to jail.  Who wants that?  A guy that colossally unwise had no business being a top figure on team Trump.  What clown brought him on board?

Who but President Trump himself? Here's someone utterly in contempt of any truth that violates his will.  Here is someone who may still believe that Barack Obama was not born in the USA. Here's someone quite possibly deeply involved with organized crime, especially the wing that speaks a Slavic language. A leader who needs yes-men isn't much of a leader.

Quote:But then Trump got rid of Christie.  Folks are going to jail on bridgegate, but Christie is walking away clean.  He's not stupid like Flynn, yet Trump boots Christie and keeps Flynn. What's with that?

Maybe an exaggerated faith in the military? We may have a right-wing mirror-image of Salvador Allende as President.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by pbrower2a - 04-02-2017, 12:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige