Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
PBR Wrote:For people too poor for anything else, who have no access to anything else because other entertainments are unavailable (as in prison), are too lazy to find something else to do with spare time, or lack the desire for anything better, TV is very much alive and well as a medium.

Rolleyes 

Just about everyone has a smart phone these days.  Computers and internet connections are dirt cheap.  Seriously TV is dead, and has been dead for a long time.  Like I said I have cable for my mother--were she not alive I wouldn't even have it because she's the one who uses it.  So I would say if people are still watching TV, it has to be the over 60 crowd.  Everyone else is on the internet watching what they want, when they want.

Quote:Say what you want about television, but between PBS and pay channels like HBO we are having a renaissance of creativity in drama.

If you look at where and who is producing this Drama it isn't Hollyweird.  And I don't watch Game of Thrones on the Tee-Vee either.  I refuse to pay for HBO and would rather watch it pirated.

Quote:No Masterpiece Theater, Great Performances, NOVA, or Nature for them!

Apparently he's not been to my house.  I'm pretty sure that three quarters of the occupants are owners of penises and we all watch those programs.

That being said there is and always have been those who have had no interest in entertainments that are more cerebral.

Quote:<snip>Muh BLM</snip>

You are utterly clueless.  The vast majority of police officers are not racist, are not sociopathic, and are not bad.  The facts simply are not on your side here. 

Trans-race isn't a thing.  That woman is just disturbed.  I think she may have some sort of race based dysphoria.  But a a Black man who once was young I can tell you first hand that I have never experienced overt racism from the police.  Or whites in general.  No I get my racism from other blacks--cause I like to do "white thangz" like speaking English correctly, reading, wearing my trousers correctly and having a disdain for thug "culture".

I refer you again to Chris Rock's statements on the differences between Black People and well that other word.

Finally you failed to address my point.  If police are removed, do you expect crime to go up or go down.  If you plan on saying down--that's not how reality works.  For many people they will behave themselves without an external reminder that there are consequences for their actions, for others that external reminder is absolutely necessary.

Quote:<snip>Muh Drugs War</snip>

While I do agree that heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine are all things people should not do, I do not think that prohibition of those items has caused any decrease in their use.  In fact prohibition has made the use of these substances a lucrative criminal enterprise for organized crime, lessened the purity of the substances themselves, and enabled young people inclined to use them have far greater access to them.

In short prohibition isn't working, so instead of trying more of that thing that isn't working, lets try doing something else.  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Quote:Enterprise? That has been a traditional escape from poverty in urban America.

It is the only escape from poverty in urban, suburban or rural America.  If you don't like being poor do something, anything about it. 

Quote:It has a perverse appeal... when it is uniformly treated as repugnant, it will vanish.

Thug "culture" has absolutely no appeal what-so-ever.  Being a thug results in only two outcomes: Prison or the cemetery.  Like I said it is a glorification of the absolute worse elements of Black American culture--were I a conspiracy theorist I would say that it is promoted to keep blacks in a lower societal position.  But as with most things I find it imprudent to attribute to malice that which is more easily explained by ignorance.  I refer you again to the link I provided.  Chris Rock explains it very well.

I will say that the welfare state and single parenthood have not helped in this area,
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Kinser79 - 04-11-2017, 01:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige