Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(06-18-2017, 10:56 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 02:25 AM)Galen Wrote: Actually I would expect an insider to have much better odds since once you have access to the actual hardware the job gets much easier.  For the average desktop I would boot up something like Knoppix and mount the drive with using the noatime and ro options and then go fishing.  Store what I wanted on the encrypted USB stick that I booted Knoppix with and be done with it.  Unless someone was watching they would never know what happened.  The people who own the machine would never know so there is no reason to think the NSA would since nothing goes over the net and the filesystem never actually changes.

The FBI does extensive forensic analysis of computers, and they had this one in hand.  The NSA does as well, though they were not involved with the DNC box(es).  I wouldn't count on getting in and out unnoticed ... not in the long run.

First, I would point out that the FBI never had the computers.  Second, if you took the time to get familiar with Knoppix then you would know that mounting a disk read-only and noatime mean the filesystem of interest will not be changed so there would be no evidence.  This is why you use a USB based operating system such a Knoppix.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Galen - 06-19-2017, 03:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige