Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(06-19-2017, 05:11 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 03:45 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Beyond any question, if our electoral system is hacked, then to the extent that the system is hacked and so distorts the vote, then the system is undemocratic. America eventually becomes a client state, if not an outright colony, of the hackers.

The US does that quite frequently but I guess that is fine because it was the feds that did it.  This kind of double standard I find quite annoying.

The Soviet Union did it frequently as a means of entrenching its clients in states that it transformed into puppets. Vladimir Putin knows how to do it. In his case, "KGB" is not the initials for "Kenneth Gary Brown". It's his former employer.

Quote:I don't really think that Russia did it and nobody has shown any evidence that they did.  The declassified reports are short on details and that assumes that I trust the feds more than I do Russia's government.  You might do well to consider what the cartoonist has to say about the subject.

I don't really think

Your (Freudian) slip is showing!

Can you at the least accept that even the perception of tampering in the election tears at the social fabric? If we can't trust our elections, what can we believe? Besides, if the Russians can hack our election, then so can someone else. Next time it could be the Chinese who might support someone likely to go along with Chinese foreign policy or economic interests... yes, no constraints on imports from China, acquiescence in Chinese political hegemony in transforming countries like Thailand and the Philippines into client states, aid in suppressing dissent against the PRC within America.

You will not like that result if the Chinese find a liberal Democrat and solid Democratic majorities in both Houses of Congress who are patsies of the People's Republic of China.

Quote:Personally I find it far more believable that the DNC is importing voters since it is known that Hillary got 800,000 votes from illegals.

Well, they didn't import 'enough' illegal-alien voters, did they? Or did all the illegal aliens who voted vote in California, where it made little difference?

Face it: the USA is no longer a democracy. Our elections may simply be a relic of an old time in which they meant something other than the ratification of the rats who rule us. Lobbyists are the real power in the legislative branch in Congress and in most state legislatures. The dominant political philosophy in America is that no human suffering is in excess so long as it serves the economic interests of a Master Class devoid of any ethical values other than ostentatious self-indulgence. That economic elite, comprising plutocrats, executives, and sold-out intellectuals, offers the common man nothing but the opportunity to toil to the least possible in This World for vague promises of Pie in the Sky When You Die.

Only a sick political order can give us a Donald Trump as Fueh.. excuse me, President.

We might as well replace "In God We Trust" with "In Mammon We Trust".
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by pbrower2a - 06-19-2017, 11:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige