Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(06-19-2017, 11:56 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Can you at the least accept that even the perception of tampering in the election tears at the social fabric? If we can't trust our elections, what can we believe? Besides, if the Russians can hack our election, then so can someone else. Next time it could be the Chinese who might support someone likely to go along with Chinese foreign policy or economic interests... yes, no constraints on imports from China, acquiescence in Chinese political hegemony in transforming countries like Thailand and the Philippines into client states, aid in suppressing dissent against the PRC within America.

I would prefer to see some real evidence that Russia did in fact do anything at all.  The reports we get from the government are just allegations with no supporting evidence.  Then there is the small matter of Clinton insiders who say that Podesta and Mook cooked up the blame Russia notion.  Which given the timing of when the Russia excuse started seems likely.  This also fits in with Hillary's need to blame anyone but herself about who lost the election and gives the Dims a useful lever for obstructing Trump.

When I see so many people trying to create a panic response in the population which is what, the Dims in particular, have been doing then I get suspicious because it almost always means that I am being pushed in direction that serves someone else and not me.  Trust was being lost in our elections along with the government long before this nonsense. 

Looking at the economic and political situation from Russia's point of view then I would conclude that the US empire is going down and Russia need not do anything to hasten this process.  Also looking at this from a Russian point of view I would be preparing for a dying empire to go insane and attack at some point when the various proxy wars the US has instigated fail to achieve the desired result.  I just hope the US is not repeating 1914 because it is likely the world will not survive.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Galen - 06-20-2017, 02:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige