Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(06-23-2017, 02:16 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 03:52 PM)Odin Wrote: Election Hackers Altered Voter Rolls, Stole Private Data, Officials Say

Yes, the FBI say something but provides no evidence other than the allegation that Russia did it.  Given the state of most organizations computer security including that of various governments I am not all that surprised it happens.  I also know that it is quite possible to disguise IP addresses and indeed the Vault 7 data revealed that the CIA created software to alter more than an IP address to falsify the source.

Unless we are in law enforcement we have no right to know how an investigation into criminal wrongdoing is going until the case goes to court or is resolved in a plea bargain. Full disclosure that might help perpetrators get away with a crime is incompatible with the objectives of law enforcement.

We simply do not know anything but the sketchiest details from the FBI. People that the FBI is investigating can talk, which is their prerogative. It is also foolishness. What they leak to the rest of us can only hurt them. That includes even self-serving denials.

Quote:You should also be aware that the very organizations that you want me to take at their word have always opposed a secure internet because such security makes it harder to snoop on everyone.  In a very real sense the FBI, CIA, NSA and a whole lot of three-letter agencies have contributed to this problem.  Think of it as yet another example of government incompetence to add to the list.

I trust the intelligence and law enforcement agencies more than I trust the President. It may be that the FBI and CIA are trying to act as if Barack Obama were still President. They had no big problems with him.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by pbrower2a - 06-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige