Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
(06-29-2017, 03:26 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 02:22 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 06:55 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: And now a distraction on the other side.   The Republicans said today, "Medicare needs to be cut' cause there's deadbeats on it.
Nope, lots of   working poor need it, cause salaries ain't what they used to be.   The GOP is living in the past, man. Idea

There is still that small matter of 20 trillion debt and over 150 trillion in unfunded liabilities to be dealt with.  Remember Gary North's pie chart of federal spending.  Entitlement spending will decrease in real terms no matter who is running the show.  Same for defense spending.

I guess you assume that tax revenue will be either non-existent or stagnant at the very least.

No. It's my herd the cats allowance.  Like the prior post alludes to, the stakeholders are
1. Pensioners.
2. Current employees + union if present.
3. Tax payers.
4. Current bondholders.

You add in that said cats will all have to take some sort of haircut. So, see how hard it is to actually implement something that does not kick the can down the road and thus makes the problem worse at such point. I also assume the probability for a cat fight is quite high. One can think of the cost difference/allowance shall be virtual cat mint to keep the aforementioned cat fight half way sane. by virtual cat mint, I mean reducing the hair cut in exchange for the stakeholder accepting the total package.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory - by Ragnarök_62 - 06-29-2017, 06:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 714 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige