Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion".
(09-15-2016, 03:45 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 03:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Nice graphic and idea, Einzige. Myself, I still prefer the four turnings approach. Clearly, that works well. The "disasters" are the late 3T presidents, never the 2T presidents: Fillmore/Pierce/Buchanan, Coolidge/Hoover, Bush II. The 4T prophets are Lincoln, FDR and Obama, with more to come this time. The 1T presidents keep the new consensus going: Washington/Adams/Jefferson, Grant and successors, Truman/Eisenhower. The 2T presidents are the awakeners: Jackson, TR, Kennedy/Johnson. The other presidents are just fill-ins; especially Reagan, who offered nothing but deception.

JFK died at the end of the 1T. And he fit in squarely with Truman and Ike. A WW2 figure, leading a largely unified people during a High.
Yes, but since he was an awakener who inspired the activists of the 1960s, he was pre-seasonal.

There is no exact correspondence between leaders across decades, as Einzige tried to show. The timing of the appearance of equivalent leaders also is affected by other cycles and tides. There's always more than one cycle going on. And they can all be charted by you know what.

Quote:The 2T Presidents were LBJ, Nixon, Ford and Carter. Reagan was a transitional figure, became 3T 2nd term. The thing is, during a 2T, Presidents merely react to the turning. They never lead events or inspire the change. At best, they eventually offer up some elements of change (e.g. the Civil Rights Act, the EPA ... hmmm ... Ford and Carter? .... I'm drawing a blank). The whole point of a 2T is the change wells up, it's grass roots. The Establishment cannot lead a 2T.

Yes they can; Jackson, TR and LBJ led the change quite a bit. It wells up from the grass roots, for sure, but it can also be pushed, legislated and inspired by leaders. It works both ways. Not all of the leaders, but some of them. And of course, a reactionary like Reagan was the same way. He rode the backlash, but also further inspired and pushed and legislated it, going all the way back to 1964. And here we are, because of him.

Nixon was an awakening leader too, in so far as he pushed further the already-existing tides of the sixties peace and ecology movements. But his own lies and misconduct also inspired the great mistrust of American presidents and leaders that is still with us, and was part of the Awakening too. Without Nixon, I'd venture to say that Hillary would now be up by 20 points.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". - by Eric the Green - 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward Party (USA)? nguyenivy 11 1,901 09-03-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Gray Champion Predictions jleagans 153 84,543 09-01-2022, 03:00 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The failure of the Democratic Party Mickey123 54 40,994 06-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 Kinser79 154 124,467 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: SomeGuy