Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Video 18:20] Theories made on the most efficient design for the universe
(01-18-2018, 11:01 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: I would argue PBR that Occham's Razor dictates that one must take the "random chance" explanation over the "God did it" explanation.

After all if the universe as we understand it was created by "God" or an "Advanced Civilization" who then created this "God" or "Advanced Civilization"?  Who created the creators of both?

William of Ockham Wrote:Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

Or in plain English:  No more things should be presumed to exist than are absolutely necessary.

If people want to ascribe the physical and mathematical laws, the basic rules of logic, and the rigid enforcement of those laws and rules to God, then they have a rationale for God.

The monotheist-atheist debate is far from settled. I leave the question "why do those laws exist?" The best argument that I have for any ultimate reality is that the Universe exists, and it makes sense to the limits of intelligent understanding.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Video 18:20] Theories made on the most efficient design for the universe - by pbrower2a - 01-18-2018, 02:30 PM