Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking point: America approaching a period of disintegration
(10-15-2016, 03:27 PM)Mikebert Wrote: I have gone over most of the book.  Much of it is the same as the manuscript I read.  Is anyone going to get this book and read it?  If so I would be most interested in discussing it.

I've started reading it, but with limited reading time I'm not likely to finiish it soon.

I think even the first chapter makes it clear that the cycles he is looking at are not Strauss/Howe generational cycles.  I'm also skeptical of what seems to be a rather synthetic measure of "political instability".  That said, the secondary cycle on the French graph looks timed appropriately for a generational cycle, and it may also appear on the Chinese graph.  The 50 year secondary cycle on the Roman graph could be due to the alternation between dominant and recessive generations, though it could also be an artifact of alignment with dates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking point: America approaching a period of disintegration - by Warren Dew - 11-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Strange Disappearance of Cooperation in America Dan '82 2 3,589 07-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Odin