Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking point: America approaching a period of disintegration
(10-04-2016, 02:56 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 12:45 PM)Mikebert Wrote: What I really want to see is how you can get a HUGE reduction in inequality like that seen in the 1340-1450 period or in the 1930-1970 period without massive population decline (which induces labor shortages that drive wages up) or a massive reduction in elite number through war attrition (that allows a greater fraction of economic output to flow to the lower orders). If demographics are key its pretty much one or the other.

As a potential solution I have a manuscript ready to go that just awaits a literature review of Turchin's book, which I cannot do until I read it.  It is also possible that the finished book is very different than the manuscript I read, maybe he as already come up with the stuff in my paper--he's a really smart guy.

There is a very high probability that the concept of a labor shortage will become passé in the next two or three decades ... perhaps sooner.

If the coming crisis war is nuclear, we could get arbitrarily large population declines, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking point: America approaching a period of disintegration - by Warren Dew - 10-04-2016, 11:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Strange Disappearance of Cooperation in America Dan '82 2 3,589 07-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Odin