Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event?
(07-20-2018, 11:35 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: The authors did not endorse the idea that prophets are the source of all doom. Each archetype contributes to both the virtues and problems among the population. You should realize that your thesis is insulting.

You are taking it personally which is the very definition of subjectivism.  It is not about you.  It is about the archetype and the general persona of the archetype.  No one is calling you Doombringer.

Introduction
Protagomism
Antagonism
Resolution

It is fascinating the construct the authors used and the words they used are exactly the same as ANY basic story narrative.  Beginning, middle, end (basically). 

The authors used those words for a reason when naming the archetypes.  They were using those words to put a meta name tag on the archetypes so you could investigate the persona.  I would ask how you would define the words they used to describe the four archetypes?  Put your subjectivity to good use Smile

Also, the authors without end and continually associate Prophet with ALL the drama that happens in the saeculum.  You truly maybe need to revisit their narrative.  They - without question - describe the Prophet and its immovable ideology as the source of the final bombast of the Crisis when the book describes a "final, impactful explosion of the Prophet archetype" (paraphrasing) occuring before prime power is handed over to the Nomad while the Prophet steps down in elderhood.  That is just one example.  I mean............. that's quite clear.  That is a foreshadowing of (a broad example) rump possibly in the next few years having a row with Korea or Iran and then the face-off begins and we stare down the world stage as the Fourth Turning begins to end.............. to me it is so clear.  Then there is world war or some horror.... then ultimately the Prophet steps down, the Nomad assumes prime power, then they work with the remnant Prophets and upcoming Heroes to rebuild the devastation of the Prophet's drama as the new Prophet is being born for it to start all over again.

I view the narrative as sound...... living things consume and excrete (most do).  The cycle of renewal, growth, atrophy and decay is the Rainforest.  It is natural.  We all wish nothing would die but it does.  It must.  We can't blame the colon for what it is - or the endoplasmic reticulum for its work.  It is what it is Sleepy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? - by TheNomad - 07-20-2018, 12:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,993 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  What belongs exclusively to the current Fourth Turning? sbarrera 10 5,609 07-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  death rates of white middle class American males Eric the Green 76 57,283 04-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew