Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The progressive bid to save capitalism
Eric, I think the idea is that all Americans then join the investor class. Everyone becomes a capitalist and so capitalism serves the people better. I know you are strongly against fossil fuels but there is no way they are going away any time soon. But I agree with David that it would take a long time for such a fund to really grow to a point where the benefit to ordinary citizens is substantial. But it might be a good thing from an "America first" perspective as it could let ordinary Americans ride the wave of the rising "developing world" instead of just being victims of outsourcing and foreign competition.

I also agree that they are all good ideas and I think that Warren's is the least disruptive in the short term but has great long-term potential. Imagine if the Big Tech companies that are taking over society had voices on their boards speaking on behalf of ordinary people.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages

Messages In This Thread
RE: The progressive bid to save capitalism - by sbarrera - 08-31-2018, 10:55 AM