Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospects of the Collapse of Civilization
As temperatures , especially wet-bulb, approach body-heat temperatures, every degree makes a difference. I recall this from living near Dallas; one could tolerate dry heat fairly well up to about 92F with a strong ceiling fan, but we turned on the air conditioner, typically on Memorial Day, as the daytime highs got to 95F.

....Sometimes I do a little thought experiment, and one is to imagine how archeologists of AD 2500 will see America. I expect them to look through junk heaps. Will they see suburban sprawl representing the abrupt end of a rural culture? Will they see one technology after another overpowering and destroying another (flat screen televisions replacing CRT televisions)?

Will they trust the writings of chronicles or will they assume the worst?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prospects of the Collapse of Civilization - by pbrower2a - 03-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Generation is 7777 days, a Cycle is 256 years, each 255 months an Empire Collapse Mark44 0 216 07-23-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Mark44