Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think'
(12-10-2016, 06:53 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Donald Trump is going to tell Democrats "I don't need you". He doesn't need Democrats in any role in what will operate very closely to a single-Party state. The Republican Party is consummately ruthless.

Except for local offices and a handful of State governments, Democrats will be limited to protests and demonstrations.  The next step is to make American government more centralized, weakening the power of any State to operate in any way contrary to the Trump dictatorship.

I expect to hate life every day that Donald Trump is President. Any joy in life will be tainted.

If he does that, he will be inviting secession, and if he resists this, the possible civil war we imagine.

I would not underestimate Donald Trump. His capacity for evil is certainly being demonstrated, and has been. It doesn't look good, especially for the first term. If he survives in office, and our nation and world is not ruined, then the hope is that he can be shifted if the Democrats recover and take congress back in 2020, if not the White House. If Donald still wins, but loses the congress in 2020, and even more in 2022, then his noted "flexibility" might come into play and he might play with the Democrats.

Trump may be unable and unwilling to be well-informed, but he is not a stupid man. He made more mistakes and gaffes than any other candidate in history, and still won, because he was smart enough to hone and project the right message, especially in his ads; while smart-as-a-tack Hillary could not. He has at least spoken like a Democrat in the past, about 10-15 years ago. So, if forced to by the people and a new congress, he might switch back.

I'm looking at the cosmic probabilities now, that say that the incumbent party will win the popular vote in 2020. It's not guaranteed, but it's over 80% likely. At the same time, the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction of Dec.2020 in early Aquarius portends the shift in direction that happens every time, on cue, when this conjunction happens every 20 years at the start of the decades. And if Trump is ousted for terrible misdeeds-- even bad enough for the Republicans to take action against him-- or retires because he's tired, or tired of the job, and we get an inferior candidate Mike Pence running in 2020, then the probabilities rise for a Democratic win, along with the change of direction. But if Trump survives and keeps his popularity (whether deserved or not, as we might see it), then the "change of direction" (IF it happens, as I expect) would occur in congress, and take shape also as Trump going along with it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think' - by Eric the Green - 12-10-2016, 08:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Howe In The News Bronco80 48 39,440 03-14-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Neil Howe: It’s going to get worse; more financial crises coming Dan '82 40 51,522 05-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neil Howe and William Strauss C-Span video Eric the Green 1 4,345 04-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neil Howe twitter thread Dan '82 3 7,127 11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  Neil Howe: Millennials: Are We There Yet? Dan '82 0 3,756 06-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Dan '82
  Neil Howe: Which Of Tech's 'Four Horsemen' Is Built To Last? Dan '82 7 6,790 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM