Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think'
We have to go hard left. And we have to support the Blue candidate. The DNC does NOT own this debacle. Only if you are blind, can you not see that the right-wing made this happen. But yes we need a stronger candidate than Hillary was. The Left owns this debacle to the extent that we keep thinking that if we nominate a moderate, we will defeat the extreme right. That strategy has failed. Sanders understood this and he did well. But conspiracy theories about the DNC are completely beside the point. It's the overall approach Democrats have taken that is the problem. And that means Democrats who voted in past elections, not a few pols. Americans respect people who take a stand. And right now, the right-wing is winning through the most extreme, false and insulting rhetoric possible. Democratic politicians won't want to emulate them, but we must be bold and uncompromising and take a stand. And we need some shouters on the other side, not politicians, who can shout down Hannity and Co., I think. And one thing I notice is how fully the right-wing came around and backed Trump, while some on the Left stayed home. We need to shout against the enemy, not our friends all the time, or we lose.

Obviously, white racism won't work, because the majority is still white, and racism belongs to them (the right-wing); not us. But I'm feeling somebody needs to shout that these people are destroying this country, and say exactly how; like George Carlin did, and Bill Maher, John Oliver and Michael Moore do. At this point, I don't know what will work. But conspiracy theories about the DNC and bitterness over Sanders' loss will not. Dedication to choosing the right candidates going forward is what we need, not wallowing in accusations against the DNC. At this point, it can only be a DNC candidate who can win. The DNC is what we make it. Ellison is apparently the best choice to lead it now.

Maryposa, you must decide who the enemy is. If you think the DNC is the enemy, and not the right wing, then we are on opposite sides of the divide and the potential civil war. And everyone will have to take sides, or leave the country. This is a 4T!!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think' - by Eric the Green - 01-19-2017, 03:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Howe In The News Bronco80 48 39,469 03-14-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Neil Howe: It’s going to get worse; more financial crises coming Dan '82 40 51,525 05-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neil Howe and William Strauss C-Span video Eric the Green 1 4,346 04-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neil Howe twitter thread Dan '82 3 7,127 11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  Neil Howe: Millennials: Are We There Yet? Dan '82 0 3,756 06-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Dan '82
  Neil Howe: Which Of Tech's 'Four Horsemen' Is Built To Last? Dan '82 7 6,791 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM