Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think'
(01-12-2019, 10:19 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
Quote:(excised for brevity)

Once again, you fail to see our differences and the differences as far as our common beliefs and core values and our characteristics as individuals. If your elites impose a feudal nightmare there isn't much the blues would be able to do about it because whatever rights that you had were either surrendered foolishly or removed by your own fear or concerns related to not going along with the views and the ideals or the decisions and whatever laws that are imposed by your elites.

Did I say that I endorse Marxism-Leninism? Hardly! The body count is too severe to make its promises worth achieving. But we need remember that the social conditions and political realities that make Marxism-Leninism possible in a society are themselves evil for what they make possible. For something closer to home, we have laws against many drugs such as cocaine and heroin that wreck personal lives. The drugs do not themselves create obvious misery at the outset; indeed, they create euphoria. The problem is that people on those drugs either become thoroughly incompetent so that they must commit crimes to meet their habit or mess up the lives of people over which they have power or influence.

Quote:Now, you can say this, show me that and speculate based on information given to you by your elites shallow/superficial view of things and the fallacy's [sic!] they use to teach or control your view of us. Well, we are aware of what's going on or becoming more aware of what's going on and we have been aware and getting prepared to face the inevitable/obvious for several years now. Now, I don't have to learn how to handle or shot a firearm. I've been handling and shooting firearms for the bulk of my life. Now, I don't know where you actually live (a poorer predominately blue area located in rural  America or a poorer predominately red area located in rural America ). Based on your views, I assume that you live a latter area. I get the impression that you don't have many concerns related to crime like those who live in poorer blue areas where crime is more common and criminal activity is more common as well.

Formal logic has been in existence as a topic of formal study in the Western heritage since the ancient Greeks. The philosopher Plato, founder of the first equivalent of the modern university in its insistence upon intellectual rigor, said, "Let no young man enter the Academy that has not mastered Euclid". Euclid, the geometer, that is, used logic to establish the truth behind the complexity of numbers and shapes that underpin all science to this day. Science has advanced, but it does not reject Euclid, let alone his methods of discerning truth from falsity. Euclid established in formal logic that certain structures of thinking preclude one from drawing false conclusions from evident truth.

You are right about me living in a hick community and hating that reality. The secret to happiness in such a place is to be as peasant-like in aspirations and attitudes as is possible. Many of the people living near where I live have brought their peasant attitudes here from some other country and have been able to achieve the dream of the peasant in the country of their origin, abandoning only the language of the land of their ancestors. The people of that origin who do not wish to maintain that culture, if they are fortunate, leave it. Some people are very sentimental. I am not.

As for crime -- this area is awash in meth, let alone drunkenness. The local paper often has stories of people who get busted for meth and crimes that they do for it or under its influence. DUI is commonplace -- and it kills. But this said of poorer 'blue' areas -- crime has little to do with a failure to accept the dehumanizing authority of people who believe that the rest of the world exists to suffer for their greed, indulgence, and power. Enforcing human suffering for one's own opulent splendor that depends upon sadistic mistreatment of helpless people is itself criminality in a way different from street crime for personal indulgence on a lower level only with some pretense of 'elevation' based upon class privilege. It is possible to describe much of the current President's treatment of women as sexual assault -- as he expressed with the inimitable grab 'em by the (crotch) -- much as I might expect some street thug to express his borderline rapes. If I had a daughter who had experienced some street thug grabbing her by the crotch, I would counsel her to press criminal charges for at the least attempted rape.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think' - by pbrower2a - 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Howe In The News Bronco80 48 39,470 03-14-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Neil Howe: It’s going to get worse; more financial crises coming Dan '82 40 51,527 05-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neil Howe and William Strauss C-Span video Eric the Green 1 4,346 04-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neil Howe twitter thread Dan '82 3 7,127 11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  Neil Howe: Millennials: Are We There Yet? Dan '82 0 3,756 06-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Dan '82
  Neil Howe: Which Of Tech's 'Four Horsemen' Is Built To Last? Dan '82 7 6,791 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM