Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-07-2016, 04:06 AM)Galen Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 01:30 PM)playwrite Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 04:04 AM)Galen Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 06:15 PM)taramarie Wrote: "We need those regulations. Without them the people and the planet suffer for the sake of elites' profits."

I actually agree with Eric on this.

You don't really understand the magnitude of the problem I suggest that you find out the size of the regulatory burden in the US.  If you are unfortunate enough to be in California its much worse.  This is the result of an unelected bureaucracy that is out of control.

Ah, having the POTUS deciding which individual companies (Carrier) will get a tax cut and which will not (Trane, American Standard, Rheem Lennox, etc. ) is the utmost in regulating.  Remember, "government shouldn't decide the winners and losers; that's the job of the markets!"

I always thought Libertarians/Austrians could be bought off, I just didn't realize how cheap.  It's down to around 800 Carrier jobs saved which is lost in the noise of weekly employment gains/loses.  

You should at least consider removing that laissez faire quote from your signature line - such clear hypocrisy has to be just a tad embarrassing, no?

I am pretty sure that I wrote somewhere else that I wasn't very happy about it.  On the other hand, being President-Elect means that he needed the help of Pence to make it happen.  Truth is, you should have been concerned about the Imperial Presidency when Obozo was running things but it just fine when its your guy doing what you want.  I thing Scott Adams has it about right where the Carrier deal is concerned.  Time will tell, it always does.

First, I'm not the guy with laissez faire in my signature line.

Second, you need to look up imperial and maybe read a few history books if you believe a term-limited president is imperial in general and a guy specifically who both has been trying to extract us from two wars he did not start and who has been effectively blocked by Congress including his legitimate appointment of his SCOTUS nominee.

Third, the only thing that time will tell is if you can rise above your hypocrisy to grasp the threat Trump poses for the values you have so often expressed.  Words are easy.

P.S. Scot is a cartoonist, not a businessman.  At best Trump had some plan to make a mark at an emotional level.  On Wall Street it's called pumpinG the rubes.  And just like how a stock collapses when the con is over and there's no underlying value, the Trump Chumps will be left holding the bag.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM