Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
That's pretty drastic! Romney was pretty bad, and although he is more sane and more of an adult, he is also a crony capitalist who preys on people just like Trump.

But it's pretty big news that Trump is denouncing the CIA, after they confirmed that they interfered in our election to get Trump in. I agree he can be easily manipulated. Exactly what will happen will be interesting to see. A lot of us will be out in the street if he pulls a George W Bush and invades somewhere. I doubt that will happen, fortunately. But international relations could be seriously harmed; we just don't know by how much. It could lead to serious trouble later on for us, as well as much harm to others sooner. What his trade rhetoric will lead to is also unclear. It is unlikely to work in the way he promised.

I did have some hope Hillary's policies in Syria, which is what I wanted, could have helped end the genocidal tyranny there by Assad, Russia and Iran. So at the very least, we can expect Assad to win there and more refugees to flee. That's a disaster, but one already in the works because of Obama's cautious and ambiguous policies there. And I shudder at how he will manage what's left to do against the IS.

I do think the chief damage will be domestic. It won't be that easy to repair, since even Reagan's policies were never really reversed after 35 years, and Trump is just more of the same. The Supreme Court is obviously likely going to be a big obstacle to progress in the 2020s; enough possibly to lead to secession, revolution or civil war. Can 83-year old Ruth Ginsberg hold on during the next 4 years, and will Democrats them recover enough so that the congress can at least block an extreme right-wing appointee after 2020?

I hope Warren doesn't get what he wants on that score. But it's certainly possible that he will.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 12-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM