Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-28-2016, 11:59 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 07:00 PM)taramarie Wrote: By the way, Eric if you can prove that it does work I can consider that too. I am interested in what strategy works best is all and I am trying to find it. I am merely observing you guys and seeing that conversation does not seem to go anywhere.
In my opinion, results work/speak the best. The problem with results  is that results take time. Who has the time/patience to wait for results? Progressives don't have time, progressives have upcoming elections to win and their political powers to defend as much as possible. The conversations as you say may not seem to go anywhere but the conversations do eventually get results over time. I've seen results over a ten year period that you haven't seen. Eric already lost the war on all the fronts that really matter to most Americans. Eric won a few battles that didn't matter all that much as far as the greater scheme of things.

And what will be the results when people of unbridled selfishness and rapaciousness, contempt for the intellect, and disdain for any political opinions incompatible with theirs, get full power? I see no virtue in the inchoate ruling elite of America -- only vice.

...We progressives are now limited to control of large cities and very few states in which we have any meaningful power. Yes, the Hard Right can see the long term -- themselves enshrined as masters forever (never mind that it ends as in 1789 in France or 1917 in Russia) and the rest of Humanity obliged to suffer with pretended glee. In that dreadful world the common man is fully accountable to people accountable to none.

A little hint: I tried understanding why the Roman Empire fell, and I noticed that the barbarians finally discovered the weakness of the system. The barbarians told the serfs of Rome something like this:

"Show us where your masters keep the treasure and hide their daughters, and we will free you of your masters and let you take the land to which you are bonded."

For most people of the time, the fall of the Roman system was a genuine liberation from economic and political oppression. Just imagine how easy it would be for barbarians circa 2300 AD to destroy such a nasty system. They take the precious metals, the jewels, the Old Master paintings, and the fine horses; they take the pretty princesses as their own, they kill off the rest of the ruling elite, and they give the proles their freedom.  That is how Nazi Germany would have died circa 2230 AD had it taken over the West.

There is a better ending -- the end of your new Gilded Age, most likely in an economic meltdown that will resemble the three years beginning in September 1929.  Yes, it will be rough, but we Americans came out of that one better for the struggle and for having to experiment with Big Government accountable to the people. White America needs to recognize the value of fair play and the creative, imaginative, well-honed mind. At that, middle-class blacks, Asians, and Hispanics are ahead of most white people.  Those middle-class minorities, America's model minorities, have good cause to not trust rapacious plutocrats who stop at nothing to get what they want. They may be proved right. As in the last Crisis Era, the one model minority that America then had -- Jews -- reshaped American culture as no minority of similar size has ever done in America.

You may find such uncomfortable. History does not operate for human comfort.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM