Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(01-24-2017, 04:02 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: I couldn't handle Vox, it was way too dumbed-down, smug, and "Here's what you should know" for me.  I am no longer willing to tolerate the NYT (which I would have to pay for), so really at this point my primary news sources for non-specialized info are the Atlantic and the American Conservative, which I react to in roughly the opposite proportion that you do.

But yes, Fox News and MSNBC are ridiculous, CNN has long been a joke (especially since that Malaysia flight, which I alluded to in the Fake News thread), and all in all I find myself earnestly wishing we could throw the present crop of journalists in a blender and start from scratch.

Which is a pity, I actually used to want to be a journalist at one point.  Sad

I watch Morning Joe for entertainment, but have been surprised at the level of discourse that has arisen organically.  Since that show has plenty of high-profile types standing in line to be on the air, they have actually managed to bring a real cross-section to morning TV ... but only recently.  I'm not sure if that's accidental, or they decided that they finally needed to do something a step or two above banal.  So for as long as it lasts, I'll enjoy watching for more than chuckles.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by David Horn - 01-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM