Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(02-06-2017, 02:37 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: ABC News Hits Trump Hard With New Scandal, Leaked Documents Prove Guilt
By Friday Foster - February 4, 2017
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/02/04/a...ove-guilt/

Donald Trump lied about surrendering control of his businesses to his sons. He didn’t give an alternative fact, nor did he misspeak, terms his chief advisor Kellyanne Conway has used to excuse her own lies and those of Donald Trump and Sean Spicer.

According to ABC News:

‘New documents confirm that Donald Trump retains a direct tie to his business interests through a revocable trust now being overseen by one of his adult sons and a longtime executive of the Trump Organization.’

ABC News further reports that Donald Trump “Is the sole beneficiary of the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, which is tied to his Social Security number as the taxpayer identification number, according to documents published online by the investigative nonprofit ProPublica.”

That would be the normal way to go about this sort of thing.  What Trump did was surrender day to day control of his business to his sons.  I never thought that he would give up those assets permanently and you are an idiot if you thought he would.  Now that I think of it, I don't recall any other presidents even going this far.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Galen - 02-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM