Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(09-13-2017, 09:53 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 06:48 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 03:53 PM)David Horn Wrote: Keep in mind that Bannon is trying to trigger a climactic battle to resolve the 4T.  His view of the theory is odd, to say the least, but he does have a vision.  I'm not sure the GOP establishment has one anymore.  Bannon sees this as the GOP falling to the fate of the Whigs, with his alt-Right movement taking the reigns of what emerges.

I'm not giving up on the Whig pattern so soon.  We're still working our way through the process.

Winston Churchill Wrote:You can always count on Americans to do the right thing — after they’ve tried everything else.

OK, but we still have two parties with no vision, so the vision is all coming from the fringes.  If the establishment is failing, and nothing takes its place, then chaos ensues.  If the establishment is not failing, then someone needs to show what, why and how they are going to do "the right thing".  Frankly, I don't see it, which is not the same as saying the fringes of either party have viable answers either.

So we have Trump, and that's still an open question.  Will he actually do something good, even by accident, or will he trigger the crisis that's been hanging out there for decades?  I don't know.  Do you?

I am dubious about Trump.  I’d thought Bush 43 the ideal exemplar of the Buchanan / Hoover pre champion slot.  How can you prove the old ways and compromise aren’t working?  Two president’s later and Trump seems to have Bush 43 beat.  He just hasn’t demonstrated the people skills yet.  He has an affinity for making enemies.  Narcissm, vengefulness, gender hang ups and a liking for firing people don’t combine well.  Even if divinely inspired to do something right, has he got a team of detailed success oriented folk willing to make it happen?

But it’s early days yet.  It might.  I’m just not counting on it.

I do see the Republicans having a vision, though.  I’ve been calling it the unraveling memes.  Gee, let’s trim the budget while increasing military spending.  Well, except for the maintenance and training part.  Oops, sorry about Americans.  Gee, we’re running the government and everything the government does is a problem.  Do we really let our racism show more?  Trump has promised the Republican usual, which has traditionally been a disaster, unless you like division of wealth, though he seems to think ignoring promises is a great thing.

So I won’t hold my breath, waiting for something good from Trump, even by accident.  You can watch, wait, hope, but it is a stretch to expect.

The Democrats seem either too corrupt to have a vision, or too chicken to have a vision.  FDR’s New Deal hasn’t been forgotten, entirely, yet.  The idea of serving the people rather than the elites still isn’t popular enough.  There is a glimmer in the new Medicare for All movement.  Perhaps if they can make one thing work, they can build an ever expanding snowball.  Few have the personality or gumption for it though.  We have been unraveling for so long that caution is a fatal habit.

Echoing your dubiousness is easy.  All you can do is hope people will notice the real problems, and that we’ll eventually run out of Churchill’s “everything else”.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-13-2017, 02:10 PM