Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(02-10-2018, 05:21 PM)bobc Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 01:05 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I have plenty of conservative values. I consider law and order necessary for a civil society because lawlessness turns democracy into a sham. I consider tradition a viable alternative for destructive trends in the name of progress, and even a means of finding ways to deal with economic and technological change. I strongly oppose the merger of Big Government and Big Business... and indeed I question whether Big Government is itself a virtue. Legal precedent, established process, and diplomatic protocol exist to mitigate dangerous courses of action. I consider much of the lore of the past, including the great blossoming of intellectual inquiry of the ancient Greeks and the moral teachings of the Hebrew prophets relevant to modern life because such knowledge is best not re-learned the hard way.

If you thought about things a little differently, you would see that Trump is our best hope towards restoring the proper role of government.

Change assumptions and you change almost all the answers. The sun can rise and set very far to the north or south if  one  is at a high latitude. Thus saying that the sun rises  in the east and sets  in the west is  strictly true only at the vernal and autumnal equinoxes. The merger of Big Government and Big Business is the norm both under Marxism-Leninism (as the State takes over ownership and operation of private industry) and fascism (when the government gives political power to Big Business).

Quote:The very fact that the Deep State and the Press are so hysterically against him, while being just fine with Hillary, should indicate to you that it isn't moral uprightness that they are upholding. They are against him because he threatens their way of life. Their way of life is corrupt, with laws applied by whim, coming down like a ton of bricks on those they don't like, and completely absent for those in their group.

Non sequitur. This  is like saying that if blacks thoroughly hate the Klan, then there must be something right about the Klan. Truth does not rely upon its popularity  or unpopularity with certain groups.

The Deep State wants independence from partisan politics. It does not want the role of doing partisan dirty work against Democrats when the Republicans are in charge or against Republicans when Democrats are in charge. Law enforcement must be separate from partisan politics if we are to have the rule of law.

I am aware of FBI bias based  on the composition of the FBI. If you ever saw The Wolf of Wall Street, you would recognize that FBI agents loathe ostentatious displays of material indulgence, especially when such is by someone who has a less-than-honorable way of getting rich. FBI agents can live well, but not that well.  

Quote:We need to sweep away the Deep State, and noone other than Trump is capable or desiring of doing that.

No -- we need the Deep State (law enforcement and intelligence services) but need to keep them independent of partisan politics. I want the FBI harassing mobsters and criminal enterprises -- not the people who lost the last election, Without the CIA, Seal Team 6 might not have been able to whack Osama bin Laden.

Quote:Just because the Deep State opposes someone that you (I think in error of your own actual views) also oppose, does not mean that you should want them to prevail.

If such people are leading America down the path toward tyranny, then they need to be stopped.

Quote:You are also well aware that in the Fourth Turning, precedent and protocol get thrown away. Our choice is to make America Great Again, or to resemble something like Venezuela , which many on the left only a few years ago said we should emulate.

So you tell me when America was without qualification better than it is now. Maybe life may have been easier when real estate was cheaper and commutes were shorter. There might have been opportunities for making a killing with an invention or process when such things did not exist. But we have those inventions and processes. We need not re0invent the wheel -- or for that matter, the telephone. or the transistor.

I do not miss Jim Crow laws. I do not miss polio. I do not miss Blood Alley two-lane blacktops with their dangerous curves, narrow bridges, hidden driveways, cross traffic, and copious opportunities for head-on accidents.

On the other hand I am not filthy rich, so maybe I don't appreciate the sort of disparity normal as late as the 1920s.  

Quote:I understand you distrust Trump's motives, but I think you are mistaken about that.
The combination of Big Business and Big Government is something that Trump opposes. What he needs now are many more Republicans in Congress and the Senate, so as not to be beholden to whatever the 50th Senator demands, which might well be something he is against.

Donald Trump is drowning in connections to organized crime.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 02-10-2018, 06:37 PM