Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millennials and GenZ horribly misidentified
AOC isn't a complete moron. She thinks the way i described and got voted in because a lot of people think the way i described. Look at pictures of her addressing people disagreeing with her. The utter contempt and refusal to acknowledge that their pragmatic concerns might be relevant. This is the exact same thing third wave feminists, free speech absolutists, alt righters, blacklivesmatter people, and eco awares are doing.
GenY aren't building institutions.
GenY aren't building anything.
And Eric being a boomer and you being GenX doesn't change the fact that you act *exactly* the way millennials act.
And they are the ones pushing and popularizing this idea by wholly buying into it that issues have pownership, and if you care about the issues of the other side you are a bad person and not a "true" progressive/conservative.
The ideological purity tests and moral outrage culture and whatnot is precisely what goes a long way to prevent any actual change occurring because through them dialog causing unity among the populace is impossible.

And this is why GenZ seem to me like the more probably hero generation, and not yet the ones "coming of age in a stable society". Because they are much more pragmatic in everything they do.

Of course millennials aren't the only ones thinking that only they hold the truth, every single goddamn generation does that.
But millennials are the first ones to publicly eschew pragmatism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Millennials and GenZ horribly misidentified - by NobodyImportant - 05-22-2019, 08:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Millennials are now 40!!! Cocoa_Puff 13 3,825 01-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Why 2001-2003 is the cusp between Millennials and New Adaptives RELFantastic 14 5,540 08-19-2021, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Boomers and Millennials: Oops! Anthony '58 33 17,008 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Biggest share of whites in U.S. are Boomers, but for minority groups it’s Millennials Dan '82 2 3,994 07-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: The Wonkette