Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millennials and GenZ horribly misidentified
(05-22-2019, 08:45 AM)NobodyImportant Wrote: AOC isn't a complete moron.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  The GND was half-baked at best, and she regularly makes herself a laughing stock outside of New York.  One has to conclude that either she is comedic relief or that she is a moron.  Occam's razor dictates the simplest answer is probably the best.

Quote:She thinks the way i described and got voted in because a lot of people think the way i described.

Or perhaps she just happened to run in a safe district where a Republican can't win.  Many people vote based on how they are registered--for good or ill--so if you have a district that is say 80% one party it is extremely difficult for the other party to win.  Her district is extremely safe.  In short people voted for her because she has a hispanic last name and a D after her name.

Quote:Look at pictures of her addressing people disagreeing with her. The utter contempt and refusal to acknowledge that their pragmatic concerns might be relevant.

Maybe she has that utter contempt because she is too stupid to realize that by doing this very thing she's limiting her political career to being a minor legislator electable in only safe districts.  This of course leads me back to my idea that maybe she's a moron.

Quote:GenY aren't building institutions.
GenY aren't building anything.

So there aren't any Millies starting businesses?  Running for office?  Getting things done?  I'm starting to wonder if you're delusional.  I mean you could not see it because it isn't conforming to your per-concieved notions of what they should be doing (a crime of which many here are guilty), but to say that they aren't doing these things is absurd.

Quote:And Eric being a boomer and you being GenX doesn't change the fact that you act *exactly* the way millennials act.

LOL, Eric is being Eric and does not represent Boomers writ large.  Rather Eric is a collection of their very worst traits taken to their logical extreme.  As for me...I've mostly checked out provided that the larger world isn't trying to tax my business into oblivion.

Quote:And they are the ones pushing and popularizing this idea by wholly buying into it that issues have pownership, and if you care about the issues of the other side you are a bad person and not a "true" progressive/conservative.

I don't even know what any of that even means.  Perhaps you might want to break it down and write it out in English rather than your own created jargon.

Quote:The ideological purity tests and moral outrage culture and whatnot is precisely what goes a long way to prevent any actual change occurring because through them dialog causing unity among the populace is impossible.

Ideological purity tests and outrage culture is a product exclusively of the Left.  Were there any on the Right Trump clearly smashed through it.  He isn't ideologically pure in any sense and he responds to outrage culture by being outrageous.  Too bad that the Establishment Republicans took down Milo.  I would have loved him being press secretary.

Quote:And this is why GenZ seem to me like the more probably hero generation, and not yet the ones "coming of age in a stable society". Because they are much more pragmatic in everything they do.

Zeds are more pragmatic.  They may even become heroes at some point but they lack the civic drive that Millies do.  Their Gen X parents did not, and will not, inculcate that into them.

Quote:Of course millennials aren't the only ones thinking that only they hold the truth, every single goddamn generation does that.
But millennials are the first ones to publicly eschew pragmatism.

Actually I'd argue that it is only some of that generation, largely ones from the coastal cities and living in la-la land.  Or as we seem to be calling it these days "higher education".  So we're really talking about upper-middle class white Millies and not the whole generation.

If a 4T is Winter you should expect to see snowflakes now and then.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Millennials and GenZ horribly misidentified - by Kinser79 - 05-22-2019, 11:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Millennials are now 40!!! Cocoa_Puff 13 3,827 01-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Why 2001-2003 is the cusp between Millennials and New Adaptives RELFantastic 14 5,542 08-19-2021, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Boomers and Millennials: Oops! Anthony '58 33 17,030 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Biggest share of whites in U.S. are Boomers, but for minority groups it’s Millennials Dan '82 2 3,999 07-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: The Wonkette